Millwall Forum - i follow and Lions Player
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Did someone order a **nt? Because one's just turned up." Sammy (The Business)
- (Added by: Super_Millwall)
Current Poll (see more polls)
PO - Bradford MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer32%
Romeo1%
Webster1%
Hutchinson15%
Craig5%
Wallace1%
Abdou2%
Williams1%
O'Brien1%
Gregory1%
Morison35%
Sub - Ferguson2%
Sub - Onyedinma2%
Sub - Butcher1%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.numbernine397
2.ParisWall369
3.waterloowacker308
4.dublinlion264
5.Arthur2shedsJackson181
6.BigPaul161
7.lionheart48156
8.kevrelles120
9.midway lion115
10.WarksWall93
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (3):
2 3
i follow and Lions Player
14 June 2017 14:08 Post ID: #1539404
Supreme MO
Right....I'm fed up with being treated like a 2nd class citizen by Lions Player, Lions World and all that nonsense, and then being given a rubbish service. We all know about all of that following connection issues during live games.
Anyway, the signs are no better with this new ifollow thing.
So I have emailed them today, with the message below:-

Dear sir,

I write today in order to seek answers to concerns I have regarding the change of service from Lions Player to ifollow.
my questions fall into 2 main categories:

1. Issues over the actual change over for existing Lions Player customers.
2. Practical problems actually using the new service.

I would be pleased, therefore, if you would kindly answer my questions, as follows:-

Change over issues

1. I have paid for 12 months Lions Player usage, which I believe was from 31 August each year. Therefore, it appears to me that I have been denied nearly one quarter of the service which I have already paid for. Will I be compensated for this loss of service?

2. What will happen to the payment mandate for the Lions Player service? How can I be confident that a payment will not disappear from my credit card at the end of August?

3. You have never written to me, as a customer, to inform me that a serivce I have been paying for is about to altered, amended or suspended. Do you think that is a reasonable way to treat a paying customer? I do not.

4. The main advantage of the new service is that customers living abroad will be able to see live coverage of matches. What advantage is there for UK based customers?

I do live abroad so the pictures will be useful for me, if I decide that the fee is good value for money. Though, I have to say that the Lions Player commentary service was abysmal, so it is by no means certain that I would risk signing up for the new service at nearly 3 times the price.

Issues concerning signing up for ifollow.

1. You announce on the Millwall website that Lions Player accounts have been integrated into the new service. However, not only does my login not work, when I try to use the option for forgotten password, absolutely nothing happens. In short You have not integrated former Lions Player accounts at all.
Not the sort of thing that is likely to make me part with £110!!

2. If and when I do decide and am able to subscribe for this service, can I please pay in pounds sterling? I paid for Lions Player in sterling, so why not this too? I have an English credit card. At current exchange rates the equivalent price is 124 Euros and not the 130 you are quoting.

Given all the above, it would be useful to know what I should do now:-
Should I simply subscribe as if I were a new user?
If I did that, would I risk a double payment in view of my previous Lions Player subscription?

You will gather from my observations and questions that I am not satisfied, and I wish you to note my dissatisfaction. Without proper answers to my concerns, you can be sure that I will not be rushing to sign up for the new ifollow service, which would be a shame, as I would be an ideal candidate to use the service.

Forwarded for your consideration.

Kind regards
Big Paul

I'll let you know if I have any joy.
By the way......what is in it for UK residents?? Will you still be able to get match commentaries?? If so have you got to pay £110 for something that was 34.99 last season?

Their communication with customers is really poor, don't you think?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
14 June 2017 14:16 Post ID: #1539405 - in reply to #1539404
Supreme MO
Hope you're not expecting a reply much before October.

Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 15:02 Post ID: #1539410 - in reply to #1539405
Supreme MO
ParisWall - 14/6/2017 15:16

Hope you're not expecting a reply much before October.

:grin:

In that case, they can't expect a payment before October

I expect nothing from this life Paree old chap, (except that people will always let you down)
I hope for plenty, but expect nothing.
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 15:30 Post ID: #1539415 - in reply to #1539404
MOjo
Millwall are not known for customer service are they!!!!
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 15:52 Post ID: #1539418 - in reply to #1539415
GeroniMO
I am not sure this whining is totally appropriate but I do have another issue. Since the video will surely be more expensive than audio shouldn't we get loyalty points for its purchase??
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 16:34 Post ID: #1539420 - in reply to #1539404
Legend MO
Thanks BP for alerting me to this change. In my simple way I thought that ifollow for only for people who lived outside the UK, like you do and for humble Brits like me I would just get the regular Lions Player at 34.99, which would suit me fine. I thought that there were copyright issues for showing live games in the UK and so I just assumed that if you lived here then that would not be a service that would be available to me. From your post above it would appear that my Lions Player/ ifollow will cost me more but I won't get the live games bit which does seem a bit unfair. I will follow the outcome of your post with interest and, if I end up paying more for less then I will just cancel my subscription.....which is not really what I want to do.
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 17:05 Post ID: #1539422 - in reply to #1539415
Supreme MO
dublinlion - 14/6/2017 16:30

Millwall are not known for customer service are they!!!!

Dublin, let's be clear about this.
This is absolutely not the fault of Millwall FC or anybody at the club.
Millwall are as concerned as any of us. This is the responsibility of the EFL who run this through a private company.
Millwall simply provide content.

Silver, you've got my point exactly. I asked the question on behalf of friends like you, but also for myself. If I decide I do not want to watch the coverage, how do I maintain the commentary on matches I use now? I did not ask that question. Maybe I should.

Btw, I'm just as humble as you are, just in a hotter climate!

Edited by BigPaul 14/6/2017 17:18
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 17:20 Post ID: #1539424 - in reply to #1539420
MOmmy
silverlion - 14/6/2017 16:34

Thanks BP for alerting me to this change. In my simple way I thought that ifollow for only for people who lived outside the UK, like you do and for humble Brits like me I would just get the regular Lions Player at 34.99, which would suit me fine. I thought that there were copyright issues for showing live games in the UK and so I just assumed that if you lived here then that would not be a service that would be available to me. From your post above it would appear that my Lions Player/ ifollow will cost me more but I won't get the live games bit which does seem a bit unfair. I will follow the outcome of your post with interest and, if I end up paying more for less then I will just cancel my subscription.....which is not really what I want to do.

I certainly thought it was for fans abroad and would not affect me and I'm certainly not paying that amount I only listen to the odd away match Mines not due to be paid untill November
So thanks Big Paul
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 17:37 Post ID: #1539425 - in reply to #1539404
MOaner
I thought they were two separate things run by separate companies. Millwall FC run Lions player and the Football League run this new thing. To get live coverage of games we have to either live abroad or use a VPN to pretend we live abroad. The fee of £110 per season goes to the Football League and they pay the clubs a fee per game watched. We have to access the game through the clubs website so the league know which club we are watching. Lions player will continue to operate as a commentary only service for anyone not willing to lie about where they live or who likes listening to radio commentaries. Of course there is a possibility i might have got this completely wrong.
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 20:55 Post ID: #1539448 - in reply to #1539404
Supreme MO
I stand to be corrected, which is why I am asking the questions in my email, BUT I think there may be a possibility that you have it completely wrong, Arthur.

Look at the official site....can anyone see any reference there to Lions Player?? I know it doesn't help that the site has changed, but I assure you folks, Lions Player is no more.
Look at the message on the site....."Lions Player accounts have now been integrated into iFollow.....etc. etc"
That seems to be proof enough, I think.

Honestly, we'd say in France it is a Bordelle, and that is exactly what it is!

I strongly suggest that you also email ifollow as I did. At the very least they will realise what a cock up they have made in communication with their customers.

ifollow@efl.com
Please also copy your message to billytaylor@millwallplc.com

Billy is in the press office at Millwall and is following my questions with interest. He wants to know about all unhappy clients concerning this service.

Edited by BigPaul 14/6/2017 20:59
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 20:59 Post ID: #1539451 - in reply to #1539404
Loyal MO
Is there no way to get it free i'm too old for all this kodi bollocks but i'm sure somebody can sort it for the boys abroad ?
Like post
Like this post
14 June 2017 21:00 Post ID: #1539452 - in reply to #1539424
Supreme MO
mamalion - 14/6/2017 18:20

silverlion - 14/6/2017 16:34

I certainly thought it was for fans abroad and would not affect me and I'm certainly not paying that amount I only listen to the odd away match Mines not due to be paid untill November
So thanks Big Paul

Pleased to help, Mama. You know that
Like post
Like this post
15 June 2017 06:50 Post ID: #1539476 - in reply to #1539404
Legend MO
I got an email from EFL asking me to register my interest in ifollow. I emailed back yesterday to ask for some clarity with a gentle enquiry. I explained that I am a Millwall ST holder living in London and would my subscription allow me watch all away games and the occasional home game that I might not be able to attend. I await the reply which I will post on here, if I ever get one!
Like post
Like this post
15 June 2017 09:31 Post ID: #1539494 - in reply to #1539404
Supreme MO
Big Paul's not very happy - van Littlewinkle has replied to the letter.

..................................................................................................................................................

Dear Mr Paul,

I write with answers to your concerns.....

Change over issues

1. “Will I be compensated for this loss of service?”

I very much doubt it.

2. “How can I be confident that a payment will not disappear from my credit card at the end of August?”

You are right to be concerned over your credit card details. Send us your full address, date of birth, three digit security code, mother’s maiden name and the favourite book you read as a child and we’ll look into it.

3. “You have never written to me, as a customer”

The reason for that is because according to our CAPTCHA data codes, you are defined as a Robot.

4. "What advantage is there for UK based customers?"

None whatsoever - Why should there be?

Issues concerning signing up for ifollow........

1. " In short You have not integrated former Lions Player accounts at all."

What do you expect for a £110 - a Sky Premium Package. Dreamer.

2. "At current exchange rates the equivalent price is 124 Euros and not the 130 you are quoting."

Don’t blame us for all those cunts on Council Estates who voted to leave the EU.

"Given all the above, it would be useful to know what I should do now?"

Have you tried turning up at The Den, buying a ticket and actually watching a match?

Best wishes,

James van Littlewinkle

Media Officer
English Football League plc.

Edited by ParisWall 15/6/2017 10:10
Like post
Like this post
15 June 2017 11:40 Post ID: #1539503 - in reply to #1539404
Supreme MO
Somebody has too much time on his hands today.
There is me giving out all sorts of useful advice all over the place, and all you can do is take the piss.

I really did expect better from a supposedly intelligent person, and someone that I counted amongst the good guys on here. I'm very disappointed.

You are probably right though
Like post
Like this post
15 June 2017 12:10 Post ID: #1539506 - in reply to #1539503
Supreme MO
BigPaul - 15/6/2017 11:40

Somebody has too much time on his hands today.
There is me giving out all sorts of useful advice all over the place, and all you can do is take the piss.

I really did expect better from a supposedly intelligent person, and someone that I counted amongst the good guys on here. I'm very disappointed.

You are probably right though :grin:

Don't shoot the messenger, mate!

As far as time-on-my-hands goes; I'm currently on my Gap Year - the one I didn't have in 1969.

Like post
Like this post
15 June 2017 13:20 Post ID: #1539512 - in reply to #1539404
Supreme MO
Don't worry mate, it's all a joke.
On a serious note, as I suspected I was not the only one who did not know what was occurring.
Silver, Mama and Arthur didn't know either.

Btw still no reply from efl
Like post
Like this post
Pages (3):
2 3
Jump to forum: