Millwall Forum - Research project: Millwall's changing communities
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Watch out he'll have some fcukers eye out!!!! (King Harold at the Battle Of Hastings)
- (Added by: MAD DOG DIL)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Hull MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer39%
McLaughlin0%
Hutchinson0%
Cooper0%
Meredith18%
O'Brien0%
Tunnicliffe0%
Saville25%
Ferguson0%
Elliott0%
Gregory0%
Sub - Morison6%
Sub - Onyedinma6%
Sub - Twardek6%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker202
2.midway lion185
3.ParisWall160
4.numbernine140
5.whiskylion119
6.King of The Jungle80
7.PurleyLion78
8.unit465
9.Kryan Bing64
10.Arthur2shedsJackson62
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Research project: Millwall's changing communities
26 June 2017 12:03 Post ID: #1540751
Dopey MO
I had been doing research on neighbourhood relations in Southwark (Bermondsey and Camberwell) when I came across a news piece on the death of Tiny, a black Millwall supporter. Being an outsider, the idea of being black AND being Millwall supporter threw me, as it very much goes against……… should we call it ‘prevailing stereotypes’ concerning Millwall and its fan base!!!

This initial surprise eventually became the project ‘Millwall’s changing communities: Memories of football and neighbourhood in South London’. It is a Lottery-funded heritage project, and that may sound a bit odd, but it is important to emphasize that heritage is about more than just bricks, morter, and the National Trust. Heritage is also the stories and experiences of people whose memories otherwise would die with them.

So the aim of the project is to collect and record the oral histories of Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic Millwall fans, old and young. The oral histories will be shared with the people we interview, on a CD, and they will also be kept at the Southwark Local History Library. We will also be making a 45 minutes documentary next year, based on the oral histories. There is more info about the project on this website, http://www.bedehouse.org.uk/programmes/community-engagement/

I think I should stress at this point that I AM NOT A JOURNALIST, and unlikely to mistake ‘seagulls’ for ‘sieg heil’!!!! I work with Bede House, a Bermondsey-based community organisation, and the project is supported by Millwall for All.

But the outcome of the project depends on the contribution of its participants. So please do share this post and/or get in touch if you want to take part in an interview. Get in touch anyway, if you’ve got questions, comments, whatnot.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: