Millwall Forum - All Gay Cruise Advert on Here
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Millwall are a convenient peg for football to hang its social ills on." Reg Burr
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer8%
McLaughlin11%
Hutchinson20%
Cooper2%
Meredith1%
Wallace9%
Tunnicliffe13%
Saville2%
O'Brien2%
Morison22%
Gregory2%
Sub - Ferguson4%
Sub - Elliott1%
Sub - Craig3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker355
2.ParisWall254
3.midway lion203
4.kevrelles195
5.Kryan Bing127
6.whiskylion119
7.lionheart48100
8.numbernine93
9.FireWall89
10.BigPaul84
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
All Gay Cruise Advert on Here
13 August 2017 21:04 Post ID: #1547292 - in reply to #1547286
Legend MO
King of The Jungle - 13/8/2017 20:46

Its called positive discrimination Whisky.

There was a case over here earlier this year where a christian florist, who had served a local gay bloke on friendly terms for years, refused to supply the flowers for his gay wedding as she felt she could not reconcile providing the service with her christian values. The gay bloke sued her and last i heard she stood to lose her business, her house, everything. Why didn't the gay bloke just go and get his flowers from somewhere else? Disgusting. I think the florist was appealing but don't know how that turned out.

That mirrors a situation in Northern Ireland where a Christian husband and wife team which owned a bakery refused to make a Bert and Ernie cake which said something like "Support gay Marriage".

As far as I can remember, the bakers lost the case.

Sadly, I don't see anything positive about discrimination in any way. Be it positive or negative discrimination...

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 August 2017 21:11 Post ID: #1547294 - in reply to #1547292
MOjo
whiskylion - 13/8/2017 21:04

There was a case over here earlier this year where a christian florist, who had served a local gay bloke on friendly terms for years, refused to supply the flowers for his gay wedding as she felt she could not reconcile providing the service with her christian values. The gay bloke sued her and last i heard she stood to lose her business, her house, everything. Why didn't the gay bloke just go and get his flowers from somewhere else? Disgusting. I think the florist was appealing but don't know how that turned out.

That mirrors a situation in Northern Ireland where a Christian husband and wife team which owned a bakery refused to make a Bert and Ernie cake which said something like "Support gay Marriage".

Sadly, I don't see anything positive about discrimination in any way. Be it positive or negative discrimination...

I can understand how to take negative action against someone cos they are gay can be legally challenged. But the world has gone mad when a private individual running a private business cannot choose who they provide services to completely on their own terms. Pathetic.
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2017 12:57 Post ID: #1547894 - in reply to #1546716
The Full MOnty
Hello Sailor
Like post
Like this post
17 August 2017 18:14 Post ID: #1547951 - in reply to #1547294
MOjo
King of The Jungle - 13/8/2017 21:11

whiskylion - 13/8/2017 21:04

I can understand how to take negative action against someone cos they are gay can be legally challenged. But the world has gone mad when a private individual running a private business cannot choose who they provide services to completely on their own terms. Pathetic.

I suppose the principle here is that you can't on race grounds so you shouldn't be able to chose on the basis of which bus you're on. Not selling or making cakes because your Asian = not selling cos you're a bandit.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: