Millwall Forum - Neil Harris
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: 1 day rodney we'll be millionaires!!
- (Added by: thelions09)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Millwall v Hull City
Suggested By:
Millwall win58%
Hull win14%
Draw28%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker190
2.midway lion176
3.ParisWall159
4.numbernine140
5.whiskylion116
6.King of The Jungle79
7.PurleyLion75
8.Kryan Bing62
9.Arthur2shedsJackson61
10.BigPaul57
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Neil Harris
09 September 2017 23:32 Post ID: #1551764 - in reply to #1551695
Supreme MO
We may not be the best team in the Championship Frank... but with the team we have and the way Neil has got them playing (together) and with teams that are doing worse than us.... I think we can hold our own mate. We have improved 10 fold since Hollowhead left... be grateful.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
09 September 2017 23:46 Post ID: #1551766 - in reply to #1551695
Little Wacker
Right I have been going for over 45years I've see the best highs and the worst lows but I think he's out his depth,I only want the best for the club,he has achieved a lot with the money he gets and his players, like I said I hope he proves wrong.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 03:13 Post ID: #1551778 - in reply to #1551695
Supreme MO
I must admit he has proved me wrong in the past (and happy to be) but we have to be real... we're not a wealthy club and we are making do with what we have.... It could be worse... a lot worse. I'd see it as a success if we managed to stay in this division for 4+ years, who knows what will happen.

Trust me, we all want the best for our club mate.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 06:21 Post ID: #1551780 - in reply to #1551695
MOjo
This thread is a wind-up surely?
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 07:33 Post ID: #1551785 - in reply to #1551695
Big Wacker
I wouldn't even bother entertaining this thread fellas.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 07:51 Post ID: #1551786 - in reply to #1551695
Loyal MO
Shut up ?? are you for real? Harris has done more than Jackett with a lot less to work with?

Shall we give Holloway, Lomas or what about Julian Dicks a go! Be careful what you wish for?
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 08:31 Post ID: #1551791 - in reply to #1551786
Legend MO
Our fans never cease to amaze me!

Last season I, along with several others, was critical Harris' tactics, team selection and substitutions. We also raised concerns about Morison and Gregory's finishing and got slaughtered on here as being negative, not supporting the team etc because we were winning. To summarise the main criticisms, it was felt that Harris was not getting the best out of our squad of players. I stand by those reservations and that we were fortunate to get promoted.

During the summer Neil has made 3 excellent signings in Saville, Meredith and McLaughlin and time may prove Elliott and Wallace is be great acquisitions. He has changed our style of play mixing up direct football with intricate interplay. Having seen all 6 Championship games I think we've done pretty well and could have been sitting joint top with 16 points. We haven't been outclassed by any team - despite playing against teams that have individual players that cost more than our entire squad put together - and, on the whole, I'm enjoying watching us. But most importantly Harris is getting the most out of our players albeit this is not reflected in our results and points tally. I'm not sure what more he could do and, as such, don't think he deserves criticism. Okay perhaps he could have started Fergie instead of AOB and Fred instead of Wallace but overall I'm not too disappointed and think us fans should be 100% behind him not slating him off

What last season and this has shown is that our supporters fall into 2 distinct groups ie those who judge Harris and the team on results only and those that judge on performance and the synergy of the squad. Clearly I fall into the latter camp.

If the team continue to struggle to get results, it would be somewhat ironic if those that were critical last season end up giving the team greater support than those who were overjoyed last season because the results, eventually, went our way

Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 09:00 Post ID: #1551794 - in reply to #1551695
Lawn MOer
Well said purley,as i said a few weeks back I'm enjoying our football and so do the players it seems, i believe he'll do well.on site if a foreman or agent,has no man management skills it bodes for a bad job,cos blokes work against them not for them.get the balance right and utilise people to their best abilities and things run smoothly.footballers are the same as anyone else in life,so i think a few additions along the way and Neil will build a steady ship.no big time Charlie's just honest players who give it their best in a good environment,get behind them not against them.the Millwall way!!
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 11:08 Post ID: #1551800 - in reply to #1551695
GeroniMO
What Purley said, especially the last paragraph. It's a bit early to press the panic button.
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2017 01:15 Post ID: #1551874 - in reply to #1551695
GeroniMO
By no means am I a NH hater, quite the opposite. The signings made are certainly shrewd and have improved the overall squad and more importantly our football. I do however think that security in this division is number one priority and as such NH has to play different tactics away from home. 5 in midfield to secure more draws than losses. Stats to date show we have midfielders that can score goals but also stats show our possession is extremely low. Most of the goals against have been long range efforts with the midfield caught up the oitch and the defence back peddling on the counter. Management of games is key and it would seem that currently if we can't impose our 442 system on opposing teams then we come up short. Not every team will allow us to bully them like Norwich did. Wolves are my point in case here and there will be others. Be selective on the system we play away from home depending on the opposition. At home stick with 442 where the crowd and atmosphere plays a part. Tunnicliffe is reputed to have a big engine and Elliott as we have seen to date be it limited upsets defenses with his power and size. Drop Morison and AOB to the bench and play Gregory in a attacking midfield role and Elliott up top on his own and revert to 442 if chasing the game. As I said I am not a hater but this league is a different class and that calls for better game management. Anyone that remembers our time in the old first division will remember how we took the league by surprise with our style of play but that only got us so far. By the turn of the new year they had us sussed and we didnt adapt. The following season we persude with the same formation and tactics that I believe cost us relegation which could of been avoided. NH himself said the signing of Tunnicliffe provides strength but he also stated to play differently. I for one would like to see that put into action sooner rather later away from home or the points total will be of concern even though we have played well. Great times and fantastic to be back where we belong. Lets stay there though !.

Edited by LeonC 11/9/2017 01:22
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2017 05:42 Post ID: #1551875 - in reply to #1551695
Big MO
Backed them for the play offs last season and this season Will buy you a pint when i collect my readies Frank
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2017 08:25 Post ID: #1551887 - in reply to #1551695
MOaner
Fold the club!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: