Millwall Forum - What did Wolves fans say about the mighty Lions?
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I'd rather be in Philadelphia - On W.C. Fields Tombstone
- (Added by: Dogjaw)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Millwall v Hull City
Suggested By:
Millwall win58%
Hull win14%
Draw28%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker190
2.midway lion176
3.ParisWall159
4.numbernine140
5.whiskylion116
6.King of The Jungle79
7.PurleyLion75
8.Kryan Bing62
9.Arthur2shedsJackson61
10.BigPaul57
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
What did Wolves fans say about the mighty Lions?
10 September 2017 12:41 Post ID: #1551819
Legend MO
We didn't have one of these about Norwich City because after their 4-0 spanking they seemed only interested in commenting on their humiliation.

Wolverhampton Wanderers fans meanwhile seem equally as distracted with focusing on their 'excellent passing display'. Although this does tell us something about us too - if fans of a club who after spending millions are delighted with their sides' performance, then as fans of a club whose budget is around 5% theirs and only lost 1-0 after going down to 10 men and could have snatched an away draw right at the end we shouldn't be too downbeat.

Anyway...

"Millwall rarely troubled us and I was shocked they didn't really go at us in the last 20 mins even though it probably meant taking a risk with 10 men. It was during this time I felt we needed to make our dominance tell but we didn't".

"Ruddys save at the end... just amazing! Top keeper, he saved us a slip up at the end".

"Their keeper needed a blinder and he had one".

"You can tell how good we were when on the final whistle the millwall players man for man collapsed to the ground breathing out their back sides!"

"A Millwall side whose 10 men would have snatched an undeserved point at the end but for a terrific Ruddy save".

"We were much better than Millwall all over the pitch, and it was only their goalkeeper which kept the score down".

"Big shout for Ruddy's save at the end. For a big man, who hadn't had a lot to do, he didn't half get down fast and did extremely well to hold onto it. Top save that helped to earn us a valuable 3 points".

"Millwall were happy to sit on the edge of their own box and contain the space, which made it difficult to break them down".

"I have to say though, the Millwall keeper was really good, and if it wasn't for him, I think we would have made it more comfortable".

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 September 2017 13:06 Post ID: #1551821 - in reply to #1551819
Legend MO
As an aside...

We took just under 1,300 away fans to this match.

We average between 900 to 1,300 most trips to Molineux. Just over 1,300 Millwall fans attended our dead rubber match in 2015, when we were already down.

Anyways, it intrigued when a Wolves poster said we don't often bring many. Now, whilst that may be true in pure number terms compared to the likes of Leeds, Derby, Forest, etc, it does highlights how many football fans have poor perspectives.

Despite having a members only away ticket scheme we always average 9-12% of our home support on the road - consistently one of the best ratios in the Football League. For comparison Charlton, 4 miles away, usually average around 4-5%.

Only Leeds United bring 10% or more of their average home support to The Den. It really should be us that should be dismissing followings from the likes of Wolves, Forest and the like as poor. Especially as all have significant London & SE based support.

To match our support at Molineux proportionally then Wolves will need to bring c.2,700 fans to The Den. I won't hold my breath.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 13:21 Post ID: #1551822 - in reply to #1551819
GeroniMO
good read mate, thanks.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 16:32 Post ID: #1551857 - in reply to #1551819
GeroniMO
We will beat them at our place, by which time we would have settled into this division.

Our manager and players are on a learning curve and seem to be learning quick, from what i have seen so far of the big money teams, we have nothing to fear.

I would rather have our squad and team of players than the Bertie big bollocks individuals costing fortunes where their talent does not match their price tag.

Said it before, once we settle in this division, we will cause havoc and cannot see us in a relegation battle.
Like post
Like this post
10 September 2017 20:09 Post ID: #1551867 - in reply to #1551821
GeroniMO
Moody - 10/9/2017 13:06

As an aside...

We took just under 1,300 away fans to this match.

We average between 900 to 1,300 most trips to Molineux. Just over 1,300 Millwall fans attended our dead rubber match in 2015, when we were already down.

Anyways, it intrigued when a Wolves poster said we don't often bring many. Now, whilst that may be true in pure number terms compared to the likes of Leeds, Derby, Forest, etc, it does highlights how many football fans have poor perspectives.

Despite having a members only away ticket scheme we always average 9-12% of our home support on the road - consistently one of the best ratios in the Football League. For comparison Charlton, 4 miles away, usually average around 4-5%.

Only Leeds United bring 10% or more of their average home support to The Den. It really should be us that should be dismissing followings from the likes of Wolves, Forest and the like as poor. Especially as all have significant London & SE based support.

To match our support at Molineux proportionally then Wolves will need to bring c.2,700 fans to The Den. I won't hold my breath.

They really do not understand - this is our style of play, look at the stats for every game so far this season and the opposition will have far more possession, Norwich had a very high possession rate and got beat 4 - 0.

Harris got it right when he said after the game that we gave Wolves too much respect, at the end of the day they scored the only goal with a long range potshot, for a team with players that cost more than our whole squad, if i was a Wolves supporter i would not be gloating.

Cant wait to play them at our place, we would have settled into this division by then and will be a different proposition.

Quoted the wrong post, I was quoting Moody,s post. Dont know what happened there.

Edited by cold blow 10/9/2017 20:12
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: