Millwall Forum - Matchday Ritual.....same as always?
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win" (Howard Wilkinson)
- (Added by: Super_Millwall)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Sunderland MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer57%
McLaughlin1%
Hutchinson1%
Cooper1%
Meredith1%
O'Brien1%
Tunnicliffe1%
Saville29%
Ferguson1%
Gregory1%
Elliott0%
Sub - Morison3%
Sub - Onyedinma2%
Sub - Thompson1%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker187
2.midway lion173
3.ParisWall159
4.numbernine138
5.whiskylion112
6.King of The Jungle76
7.PurleyLion74
8.Kryan Bing62
9.Arthur2shedsJackson61
10.BigPaul57
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Matchday Ritual.....same as always?
19 October 2017 20:19 Post ID: #1558094 - in reply to #1558093
MOjo
numbernine - 19/10/2017 20:00

Used to leave the house 7/8 to get to the pub for 10.30, if earlier KO, leave house about 2/3am on the coach and in the closed doors pub for 6, over the years that was golden, barnaby, alscot, albany, foresters, get to the den and seated for about 1 past 3, sometimes on odd occasion we'd get in at half time if a really shit season. Always knew / knew of mostly everyone in the boozer which made for a great day out home or away, after the game, rare occasion I'd find myself loitering on the ilderton (which was usually a bore), with my feather duster ready to tickle anyone I felt was a menace, back to the pub usually though where I'd remain until 11pm or go on a crawl, 12, 1am 3am, then find trains all ended and either go on to a 'club', world, lock in at lemon, carlton, coach horses, down okr or in town until 2 4, 6am or sleep on a burgess park bench, round a mate's, at euston, in my own flat.

When lived on the old Den used to be a lot less adventurous for home games, shouting Millwall at 9am and the shout from flat above saying shut up, going down ozzies for breakfast, or 2and2 at peckham, I was easily a controlled alcoholic back then, who'd have thought it, five hours before, seven+ hours after but all seemingly good fun, albeit the bottle of jd on the train down for thee birmingham match, getting searched at Euston for singing Millwall amongst brummies and not remembering a thing after arriving at the alscot, not waking from the black out until the cunt scored - if we'd have gone up we'd have been fucking murder week in week out. Away days were the best though, rule of thumb always get there for 11am no matter where it is, plot up and enjoy yourself. Getting aggro and nicked for nothing well not always nothing, sometimes £250 ha, I fucking hate Wigan, the strangest being invited into a preston home boozer and mates thinking it was ok and being completely uncomfortable standing next to the pool table. Drinking in a home boozer at pompey a bit different as the three I was with would have killed the entire boozer.

On some night games when palace playing would go down the barnaby just in case cardiff or another made a stop off. Fuck knows what I'd have done had 40 cardiff showed up but gladly never found out. There would be an undercover old bill not very good at being undercover and a car would come around at least once like clockwork with fans looking for rivals, then someone moody would walk in selling stuff they happened to have come across on the cheap. Of course for a certain duration on match days that was pretty much the viet cong selling DEE VEE DEES. It did start getting expensive though, spending £100 to £150 on a day out, weren't right. I did smoke as well though. A mate used to save his by hiding in the toilet on trains when conductor about, surprisingly always worked. I miss it, twas huge part of me life. Obviously.

Good read that 9.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: