Millwall Forum - Just Back "Lite"
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: When I was a boy, the Dead Sea was only sick-George Burns.
- (Added by: MFC67)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Sunderland MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer57%
McLaughlin1%
Hutchinson1%
Cooper1%
Meredith1%
O'Brien1%
Tunnicliffe1%
Saville29%
Ferguson1%
Gregory1%
Elliott0%
Sub - Morison3%
Sub - Onyedinma2%
Sub - Thompson1%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker187
2.midway lion173
3.ParisWall159
4.numbernine138
5.whiskylion112
6.King of The Jungle76
7.PurleyLion74
8.Kryan Bing62
9.Arthur2shedsJackson61
10.BigPaul57
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Just Back "Lite"
28 October 2017 17:32 Post ID: #1558831
Legend MO
The resolute but tactically bankrupt Lions return home with a precious point that owed everything to the gutsy performance of the entire team and brilliance of Archer.

The 1st half was a pretty turgid affair and the only thing that kept me awake in the first 20 minutes was the bitter wind circulating within the stadium!

It looked like Cardiff were playing 3-4-2-1 and Millwall struggled to cope with it. The extra defender was mopping up any knock-ons and we were failing to pick-up Mendez-Laing and Hoilett their most dangerous players who were playing the '2' in the 3-4-2-1. Their movement and skills were excellent, Hoilett in particular. They were floating in the 'hole' and playing the ball through between our full-backs and central defenders.

We initiated some moves but usually they petered-out when we reached their box. Wallace played in Gregory who turned and shot harmlessly over. Other than that I can't remember us looking remotely like threatening their goal and at half-time their keeper hadn't been called on to make a single save.

Archer on the other hand had made 3 superb saves. One with his feet, one at full-length and the other a reflex tip over.

We improved in the 2nd half and eventually forced their keeper into a couple of decent saves but the talking point was when Morison caught one of their back three in possession and played the ball across the box for the on-rushing Gregory who was flattened before he got there. Free-kick? Most definitely. Yellow? Yes. Penalty? Not sure if it was in the box, but if it was, most definitely and a red. But the ref didn't blow and arguably our best chance of victory was gone.

We created and failed to take a couple of half-chances, the worst being when Gregory rather than shoot with his left tried to layback to Morison, failed and the chance was gone.

Elliott, Fergie and Fred replaced Gregory, AOB and Wallace but made little difference.

Full-time 0-0. A point we would have settled for beforehand but a poor game watched in chilly conditions. We fans deserve better
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
28 October 2017 18:04 Post ID: #1558838 - in reply to #1558831
Legend MO
Just remembered in the 1st Half Morison latched onto a weak back-pass and, one-on-one with the keeper, sidefooted it at him and our best chance was gone.

When will our strikers learn to dink the ball over an on-rushing goalie?

Our finishing is appalling and if you have any doubts closely watch the shooting drills during the pre-game warm-up. Today, the only one who looked remotely competent was Wallace. Morison and Gregory were dire
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 18:18 Post ID: #1558839 - in reply to #1558831
Little Wacker
As I have said previously will someone buy, for Xmas, Gregory and Morison a DVD of Lionel Messi goals?
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 18:44 Post ID: #1558841 - in reply to #1558839
MOhican
Thanks for the taster. I’m now waiting for the full fat version.
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 19:32 Post ID: #1558847 - in reply to #1558831
Big MO
well said; 7 away games not scored in 6 of them - total commitment which cannot be underestimated

Harris thinks we were the more likely to win 2nd half - not from what I saw - apart from the pen shout did we actually make the keeper save anything

it is an excellent point but the style does not improve and does not make one want to spend the dough

need to shake it up against Sheffield - what is the worst that can happen, we don't get the point we go for
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 19:39 Post ID: #1558849 - in reply to #1558831
Legend MO
The aim is survival this season and a points a point.3 would be nice but at least we didn't lose, which most on here thought would happen.
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 19:42 Post ID: #1558850 - in reply to #1558841
Legend MO
northern lion - 28/10/2017 18:44

Thanks for the taster. I’m now waiting for the full fat version.

Can't be arsed to do one tonight, totally pissed off with the performance and starving. As someone else has said, that's 7 away games this season and 6 goalless returns. It's difficult to get motivated to write something when in the mood I am.

Will probably put something together tomorrow morning.

Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 19:51 Post ID: #1558852 - in reply to #1558831
GeroniMO
5 points of a play off position, they can be tactically awry but taking points is the game. So from me
Like post
Like this post
28 October 2017 21:22 Post ID: #1558858 - in reply to #1558831
GeroniMO
Watched us against Birmingham and vs Cardiff . Team played in same rytham both games . Birmingham is far more incapable team and we took advantage . Cardiff is team with same working ethics as ours but having better cutting edge up front . Today they had Archer in all his glory in front of them that was mom . We where there only to take advantage out of their mistakes but we didnt . All together we are very well composed team and organised up front and behind but lacked strong attacking midfielder ready to take on them down the middle one on one . To many balls from wallace from wings but no one out there.o brien looked strong but lacked final touch . Gregory and Morison fighting till the last breath but again cardiff gave them no chance . We played with respect against them destructing their game rather than playing our own . All in all hard earned point and team work We almost ambushed them at the start of the second but they resisted
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: