Millwall Forum - New forward
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I remember losing the ball on the wing, once during a game at the (old) den I started chasing the fella but gave up after hearing all the coins pinging off the fence in front of the halfwayline :Steve Lovell
- (Added by: wightlion)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Fulham v Millwall
Suggested By:
Millwall win25%
Fulham win25%
Draw50%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker218
2.midway lion200
3.ParisWall166
4.numbernine146
5.whiskylion121
6.PurleyLion84
7.King of The Jungle82
8.unit469
9.BigPaul69
10.craywall7068
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
New forward
01 November 2017 21:20 Post ID: #1559368 - in reply to #1559361
Supreme MO
EverybodyKnowsUs - 1/11/2017 21:54

Bexleyheath_lion - 1/11/2017 08:40

We have a lad Jack Barham from Greenwich Boro (Gary Alexanders side) play for our u23's yesterday. Very highly rated, 21 years old and scoring goals for fun at that level, only short at 5ft 9 but will out jump 6ft + defenders for headers.

That Lex Allen we were looking at from Sittingbourne is with Norwich this week for a week long trial.

Yes Jack Barnham played in u23's v Coventry
game finished 0-0

Did he score?

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
02 November 2017 08:06 Post ID: #1559400 - in reply to #1559266
Legend MO
They must see something in him & the only way you find out if his up for the job is give him a trial
Like post
Like this post
02 November 2017 08:33 Post ID: #1559406 - in reply to #1559351
MOaner
whiskylion - 1/11/2017 18:51

Bexleyheath_lion - 1/11/2017 17:30

whiskylion - 1/11/2017 15:38

Bexleyheath_lion - 1/11/2017 15:00

whiskylion - 1/11/2017 13:20

Out-jumping overweight 6ft part-time defenders in the lowest rung of Isthmian League (southern section) is a very different proposition to out-jumping professional 6ft defenders in the Championship...

Really? What because they play non league they cant jump? The point highlights the fact the kid has a good spring on him, given the right coaching that may also improve to accommodate for the more cultured defenders he'd face.

By the way, there's ex premier league defenders in the Isthmian

Bex, not sure how much Isthmian football you see in a season, but over the last couple of years I've seen a lot. In both the Premier and Div 1 South.

Last season the hottest property among the strikers was Charlie Penney - until he injured his cruciate while knocking out Ebbsfleet, now of the Conference (if you know what I mean). Yet he never got a look in while with Millwall.

Merstham this season have Ryan Hall playing up front for them. I remember seeing him play for Leeds at The Den back in 2012. He's the same age as Gregory. Yes, there is talent there.

But I have also seen the defenders of many a Div 1 South side. And for every ex-Premier you might find in there, you'll find 50 who are, to put it mildly, pretty static. You just can't compare Div 1 South Isthmian League to the Championship in terms of quality.

I probably see circa 30 Isthmian games a season

Charlie Penny had good movement, I was impressed when I saw him in a friendly against Dulwich.

Well, playing centre back for Greenwich Boro at the moment is Mark Phillips.

Oddly enough, Bex, it was Mark Phillips who Charlie destroyed when Merstham played Ebbsfleet in the FA Cup last season...!!!

Interesting as Mark is solid at national league level, but obviously getting on a bit now,
Like post
Like this post
02 November 2017 16:36 Post ID: #1559478 - in reply to #1559337
Sir MO

Out-jumping overweight 6ft part-time defenders in the lowest rung of Isthmian League (southern section) is a very different proposition to out-jumping professional 6ft defenders in the Championship...

Really? What because they play non league they cant jump? The point highlights the fact the kid has a good spring on him, given the right coaching that may also improve to accommodate for the more cultured defenders he'd face.

Bex, not sure how much Isthmian football you see in a season, but over the last couple of years I've seen a lot. In both the Premier and Div 1 South.

Last season the hottest property among the strikers was Charlie Penney - until he injured his cruciate while knocking out Ebbsfleet, now of the Conference (if you know what I mean). Yet he never got a look in while with Millwall.

Merstham this season have Ryan Hall playing up front for them. I remember seeing him play for Leeds at The Den back in 2012. He's the same age as Gregory. Yes, there is talent there.

But I have also seen the defenders of many a Div 1 South side. And for every ex-Premier you might find in there, you'll find 50 who are, to put it mildly, pretty static. You just can't compare Div 1 South Isthmian League to the Championship in terms of quality.

Whiskey Merstham lost to Sittingbourne in the cup this week, Lex Allen on the bench, currently the fourth best centre half at the club!
Like post
Like this post
02 November 2017 18:42 Post ID: #1559490 - in reply to #1559478
Legend MO
BrianLion - 2/11/2017 16:36

Whiskey Merstham lost to Sittingbourne in the cup this week, Lex Allen on the bench, currently the fourth best centre half at the club!

Indeed. I hear that Merstham were very poor at Sittingbourne and little better in the replay.

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 03:27 Post ID: #1559516 - in reply to #1559400
Sir MO
Wall loyal - 2/11/2017 08:06

They must see something in him & the only way you find out if his up for the job is give him a trial

He is on trial!!
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 08:07 Post ID: #1559524 - in reply to #1559478
MOaner

To be fair, the gaffer at Bourne is doing a good job. Allen lost his place (I think due to being away on trials) someone came in, team performed well and player kept his place - novel idea that
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 17:01 Post ID: #1559608 - in reply to #1559490
Sir MO
whiskylion - 2/11/2017 18:42

Indeed. I hear that Merstham were very poor at Sittingbourne and little better in the replay.

Credit due to Sittingbourne who totally outplayed them at in the replay, in fact have knocked them out of two competitions, Merstham didn't have a shot in the replay.

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 17:06 Post ID: #1559612 - in reply to #1559524
Sir MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 3/11/2017 08:07

To be fair, the gaffer at Bourne is doing a good job. Allen lost his place (I think due to being away on trials) someone came in, team performed well and player kept his place - novel idea that :rotfl:

Lex got a break when one of the Centre Backs got injured at Lewes, did very well to be fair, but three others in front of him at the moment, Bourne unbeaten in 11 games during which they have conceded 3 goals with Lex hardly having a kick. 3 of those games against Merstham, nilled them twice, Ryman Prem side.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: