Millwall Forum - Team v Burton
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Maybe it's because the dog's watching"...........Pele?????
- (Added by: oddboots)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Hull MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer18%
McLaughlin0%
Hutchinson3%
Cooper0%
Meredith12%
O'Brien18%
Tunnicliffe5%
Saville27%
Ferguson1%
Elliott0%
Gregory3%
Sub - Morison3%
Sub - Onyedinma1%
Sub - Twardek9%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker207
2.midway lion191
3.ParisWall162
4.numbernine140
5.whiskylion119
6.PurleyLion84
7.King of The Jungle80
8.unit466
9.Kryan Bing65
10.BigPaul64
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Team v Burton
03 November 2017 07:07 Post ID: #1559518
Legend MO
An important home game where we are the favourites to take all three points. Complacency could be a factor as they are not very good, have a poor record away from home but are going to make it hard for us.
So, a hard fought and deserved point at Cardiff and a loss at Hillsborough will give NH some food for thought about team selection. The biggest decisions will be about who plays up front but who else has covered themselves in glory or not quite met the challenge and needs a spell on the bench?
Archer was MOM at Cardiff and I don't think he could have done much more to keep out the two Wednesday goals. McLaughlin could have got tighter to prevent the cross which led to their first goal but will that count against him? Is it time to give Romeo a chance to shine? Meredith is a very solid and consistent defender but Fergie can fill the same role in a slightly different way. Probably with one enforced change at CB maybe this is no the time to make more changes in the back four. The one certainty is the TC will get his first start. This will be his big chance step up to the plate and show that all the warm words and support he gets from NH are entirely justified. The honest truth is that the very reason he has warmed the bench this season is that he is just not good enough to replace either Webster or Cooper. Let us hope that we do not see a repeat of his performance at Wembley when he had been out for a long while and was a complete disaster in the play off final against Barnsley. He will have Hutch beside him as support. And I also assume that he will tak the skipper's armband from Morison?
Midfield has few issues. Wallace is lively and threatening and Saville and Tunniclife have formed a decent partnership in CM. You wouldn't have had to be a rocket scientist to have worked out NH's thinking on the wide left position. He rested AOB with the clear purpose of starting him tomorrow and I expect that to be the case.
Up front is the big debate. He rests Gregory and Morison and starts Elliott and Fred and big Tom scores after eleven minutes. You can imagine him saying to NH all week that he deserves a start against Burton. And you can understand his logic. Fred doesn't have that same argument so I do expect him to be on the bench. I also imagine that NH has told both Gregory and Morison to wear their shooting boots or else he will have little choice but to consider Elliott for future games.
My thoughts are,

Archer
McLaughlin Hutch TC Meredith
Wallace Saville Tunniclife AOB
Gregory Morison
Subs Martin Romeo Mbulu Fergie Fred Elliott Twardek
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
03 November 2017 07:19 Post ID: #1559519 - in reply to #1559518
MOjo
Yín xiwàng ni xihuan ni de luxíng. Huanyíng huílái.
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 07:52 Post ID: #1559522 - in reply to #1559518
Legend MO
I am hoping FW that your comments above are complimentary or maybe just gibberish to fool the common man.
Whatever, it is good to be back and to confirm that my Chinese is limited to good morning and thank you but little else. You are clearly either very proficient or a bs merchant? I shall almost certainly be in the Windsor from 1.45 so you could showcase your language skills there.
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 09:15 Post ID: #1559532 - in reply to #1559518
MOjo
Silver,

I put welcome back hope you had a good trip into google translate and that's what came up. Can't make the game on Saturday so will be relying on you and others to recount.
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 14:24 Post ID: #1559585 - in reply to #1559518
Supreme MO
Good to have you back Hi-Ho, As usual you're spot on and I fully
expect your selections to start the match. I also speak fluent Chinese,
I'd like a number 12 with number 32 and 43 please.
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 15:27 Post ID: #1559597 - in reply to #1559519
Supreme MO
FireWall - 3/11/2017 07:19

Yín xiwàng ni xihuan ni de luxíng. Huanyíng huílái.

Is that with, or without fried rice?

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 15:34 Post ID: #1559600 - in reply to #1559518
Supreme MO
One hung low
Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 17:23 Post ID: #1559613 - in reply to #1559518
Legend MO
Harris' selection will be:

Archer
McLaughlin, Hutchinson, TC, Meredith
Wallace, Tunnicliffe, Saville, AOB
Morison, Gregory

I would swap Fergie for AOB and Elliott for Morison.

Elliott is very good at attacking the ball in the 6 yard box, Fergie is more likely than AOB to deliver a telling cross for Tom and with crosses coming in from both flanks he could have a field day.

Also, I think Elliott will impose himself more on the Burton defence and lay the ball off more accurately than Morison.

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 17:59 Post ID: #1559616 - in reply to #1559613
Legend MO
PurleyLion - 3/11/2017 17:23

Harris' selection will be:

Archer
McLaughlin, Hutchinson, TC, Meredith
Wallace, Tunnicliffe, Saville, AOB
Morison, Gregory

I would swap Fergie for AOB and Elliott for Morison.

Elliott is very good at attacking the ball in the 6 yard box, Fergie is more likely than AOB to deliver a telling cross for Tom and with crosses coming in from both flanks he could have a field day.

Also, I think Elliott will impose himself more on the Burton defence and lay the ball off more accurately than Morison.

At home against one of the lesser teams in the division I'd be very happy with that starting line-up, Parsley...

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 18:04 Post ID: #1559617 - in reply to #1559518
Supreme MO
Elliot & Ferguson started on Tuesday. Maybe Harris believes they compliment each other. Ferguson is more likely to cross the ball than AOB.

The extended highlights from Tuesday saw Wallace give the ball away a couple of times. The first time it lead to their first goal. I know Wednesday had to then go up the pitch to score, but still sloppy play. Maybe give Fred a game on the wing as Harris said he played well on Tuesday. People do say he's a winger, not a striker.

The commentator said mid match he liked the look of Cooper & then said his sending off was harsh. Didn't see the first booking but the second looked fair enough. Either way a pity as it seems like Cooper was improving & even surged forward once in the second half. Now just needs to avoid getting sent off.

Like post
Like this post
03 November 2017 20:28 Post ID: #1559624 - in reply to #1559518
Supreme MO
silverlion - 3/11/2017 07:07

An important home game where we are the favourites to take all three points. Complacency could be a factor as they are not very good, have a poor record away from home but are going to make it hard for us.
So, a hard fought and deserved point at Cardiff and a loss at Hillsborough will give NH some food for thought about team selection. The biggest decisions will be about who plays up front but who else has covered themselves in glory or not quite met the challenge and needs a spell on the bench?
Archer was MOM at Cardiff and I don't think he could have done much more to keep out the two Wednesday goals. McLaughlin could have got tighter to prevent the cross which led to their first goal but will that count against him? Is it time to give Romeo a chance to shine? Meredith is a very solid and consistent defender but Fergie can fill the same role in a slightly different way. Probably with one enforced change at CB maybe this is no the time to make more changes in the back four. The one certainty is the TC will get his first start. This will be his big chance step up to the plate and show that all the warm words and support he gets from NH are entirely justified. The honest truth is that the very reason he has warmed the bench this season is that he is just not good enough to replace either Webster or Cooper. Let us hope that we do not see a repeat of his performance at Wembley when he had been out for a long while and was a complete disaster in the play off final against Barnsley. He will have Hutch beside him as support. And I also assume that he will tak the skipper's armband from Morison?
Midfield has few issues. Wallace is lively and threatening and Saville and Tunniclife have formed a decent partnership in CM. You wouldn't have had to be a rocket scientist to have worked out NH's thinking on the wide left position. He rested AOB with the clear purpose of starting him tomorrow and I expect that to be the case.
Up front is the big debate. He rests Gregory and Morison and starts Elliott and Fred and big Tom scores after eleven minutes. You can imagine him saying to NH all week that he deserves a start against Burton. And you can understand his logic. Fred doesn't have that same argument so I do expect him to be on the bench. I also imagine that NH has told both Gregory and Morison to wear their shooting boots or else he will have little choice but to consider Elliott for future games.
My thoughts are,

Archer
McLaughlin Hutch TC Meredith
Wallace Saville Tunniclife AOB
Gregory Morison
Subs Martin Romeo Mbulu Fergie Fred Elliott Twardek

would have Ben Thompson on the bench ahead of Twardek
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: