Millwall Forum - Our worst result.....
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Cynthia Payne a legend in our own lunchbreak
- (Added by: wightlion)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Fulham v Millwall
Suggested By:
Millwall win25%
Fulham win25%
Draw50%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker218
2.midway lion200
3.ParisWall166
4.numbernine146
5.whiskylion121
6.PurleyLion84
7.King of The Jungle82
8.unit469
9.BigPaul69
10.craywall7068
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (3): 1 2
Our worst result.....
06 November 2017 09:49 Post ID: #1559879 - in reply to #1559773
Legend MO
People may think I am mad, but with everyone fit I really think we would suit a 352 formation...

...................................Archer

......Hutchinson.............Webster............Cooper

McLaughin......................................Meredith

..........Wallace...........Williams..........Saville.....

................Morison.............Gregory

Edited by Moody 6/11/2017 12:45
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
06 November 2017 11:07 Post ID: #1559889 - in reply to #1559773
Supreme MO
Yes, I agree. It's got to at least be worth a try out.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 12:01 Post ID: #1559894 - in reply to #1559773
Legend MO
Have you swapped Meredith and McLaughlin for any specific reason?

Well you won't see that this season with Webster out until next season.

I played 3-5-2 with the teams I managed and found it worked well. The only difference was my central player in the back 3 had pace and was comfortable on the ball. I known there is a chasm between the level I managed and The Championship but I think the same principle applies.

If we were to try it this season and with Webster out, Tunnicliffe could be the centre player in the back 3. Not sure how much pace and control he has but I think he could do that job well.

Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 12:07 Post ID: #1559896 - in reply to #1559773
MOaner
I tell you this, if I was a squad player at Millwall I'd have the right hump. They don't get chances to play unless its forced upon the gaffer and then, regardless of performance or results, the favourites get brought back.

Our best run this season, was when Gregory was suspended for 3 games, a red card which effectively cost us two points. In those 3 games, 7 points from 9, then what happens the misfiring cunt comes straight back in and still don't score goals. Morison, no goals all season, but its ok cos against Leeds & Brum he ran his bollocks into the ground. To many of our fans on social media defending the worst forward line in the division, they are fucking shocking.

The Elliott, what does big John Coffee need to do to get a run of games, lets face it, give him five games he cant score any less than the Gregs & Moro. Neither of whom are good enough for the championship.

After the Forest game I thought if we played like that we'd have an outside chance of play offs, picking the same shit and playing the same shitty way game after game and just hoping it will change aint gonna work. Fck the small budget and no money bollocks, that don't wash when you've just lost playing piss poor against a team with a smaller budget. Not fucking good enough and Bomber needs to man up and sort this shit out.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 12:22 Post ID: #1559899 - in reply to #1559896
Legend MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 6/11/2017 12:07

I tell you this, if I was a squad player at Millwall I'd have the right hump. They don't get chances to play unless its forced upon the gaffer and then, regardless of performance or results, the favourites get brought back.

Our best run this season, was when Gregory was suspended for 3 games, a red card which effectively cost us two points. In those 3 games, 7 points from 9, then what happens the misfiring cunt comes straight back in and still don't score goals. Morison, no goals all season, but its ok cos against Leeds & Brum he ran his bollocks into the ground. To many of our fans on social media defending the worst forward line in the division, they are fucking shocking.

The Elliott, what does big John Coffee need to do to get a run of games, lets face it, give him five games he cant score any less than the Gregs & Moro. Neither of whom are good enough for the championship.

After the Forest game I thought if we played like that we'd have an outside chance of play offs, picking the same shit and playing the same shitty way game after game and just hoping it will change aint gonna work. Fck the small budget and no money bollocks, that don't wash when you've just lost playing piss poor against a team with a smaller budget. Not fucking good enough and Bomber needs to man up and sort this shit out.

Agree 100% but be careful you don't want to upset those who think Gregory and Harris can do no wrong! You know the ones I mean, those who blame Berylson for not providing sufficient funds to Harris; Livermore for be useless (although I wonder how they know) and the rest of the team for not giving Gregory the service his outstanding talents deserve
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 12:41 Post ID: #1559901 - in reply to #1559894
Legend MO
PurleyLion - 6/11/2017 12:01

Have you swapped Meredith and McLaughlin for any specific reason?

Well you won't see that this season with Webster out until next season.

I played 3-5-2 with the teams I managed and found it worked well. The only difference was my central player in the back 3 had pace and was comfortable on the ball. I known there is a chasm between the level I managed and The Championship but I think the same principle applies.

If we were to try it this season and with Webster out, Tunnicliffe could be the centre player in the back 3. Not sure how much pace and control he has but I think he could do that job well.

Sorry I forget to follow the diagram rules of science. Put right.

In an ideal world we would sign a midfielder like Dack and stick Williams in the back three - he is perfect for that role.

Edited by Moody 6/11/2017 12:45
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 12:57 Post ID: #1559903 - in reply to #1559773
Supreme MO
Gregory scored 17 league goals last season, 8 being penalties. That was playing for a top 6 team a division lower. 

If he had similar figures this season, that would be fine. He did win some of the penalties he converted. 

Unfortunately better defenders are going to give away less penalties & Gregory is finding it harder to score in the Championship.

Morison scored 11 league 1 goals last season, 1 penalty. Again he is not quite up to Championship standard anymore.

Time to give Elliot, AOB & Fred a chance & sign someone permanent or on loan in the next window. Although Morison & Gregory will still be important players.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 13:03 Post ID: #1559904 - in reply to #1559899
MOaner
PurleyLion - 6/11/2017 12:22

Bexleyheath_lion - 6/11/2017 12:07

Agree 100% but be careful you don't want to upset those who think Gregory and Harris can do no wrong! You know the ones I mean, those who blame Berylson for not providing sufficient funds to Harris; Livermore for be useless (although I wonder how they know) and the rest of the team for not giving Gregory the service his outstanding talents deserve :nofinger:

I'm tired of hearing how good Gregory is. Yes he does some good build up play and yes he does make good runs and get in good positions - but he cant finish his dinner, as a forward, you're either a foil/target man type like Morison/Elliott or a goalscorer - Gregs is neither. He misses far to many chances. As for Morison, yes I get he has leadership qualities but that and putting it about in a couple of games here and there aren't good enough, simple.

No doubt Berlyson has invested enough, Harris did a sterling job getting us up, yet he has to continually learn on the job and he is improving all the time and will make mistakes. He has done more good than bad in his time as gaffer. The Livermore thing, well no one knows what he's like as coach, but Harris as an inexperienced manager could have utilised an experienced coach.

Anyway, we are in a relegation battle and I said at the start of the season, if we finish 21st I'd be happy.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 15:09 Post ID: #1559920 - in reply to #1559773
Supreme MO
McLaughlin is a right back and Meredith is a left back, so they
are correct unlike Hutch and Webster who need changing.
How about;
Archer.
Webster,,,,,,,,,Williams..........Hutch
McLaughlin.....Thommo......Saville......Wallace.....Meredith.
Fred...................................Elliott.
Subs;
Morison
Gregory
Cooper
Tunnicliffe
Ferguson
Martin
Craig.
A proper subs bench ! Blue-sky thinking at it's best !
Like post
Like this post
Pages (3): 1 2
Jump to forum: