Millwall Forum - End of the MSC
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman. (Homer Simpson)
- (Added by: Chelmsford_block7)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Hull MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer15%
McLaughlin2%
Hutchinson2%
Cooper1%
Meredith8%
O'Brien22%
Tunnicliffe3%
Saville30%
Ferguson1%
Elliott1%
Gregory3%
Sub - Morison3%
Sub - Onyedinma3%
Sub - Twardek6%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker209
2.midway lion200
3.ParisWall165
4.numbernine146
5.whiskylion120
6.PurleyLion84
7.King of The Jungle82
8.unit469
9.BigPaul69
10.Kryan Bing65
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (4): 1 2
End of the MSC
10 November 2017 18:09 Post ID: #1560271 - in reply to #1560269
Supreme MO
paul1568 - 10/11/2017 18:04

FireWall - 10/11/2017 16:55

I didn't even know I was a member until last week. Obviously I'd heard of them, had no idea what they did or didn't do. They didn't appear to do much when Renewal came a knocking. Hid under the table I think Paree said.

Some good new people joined en masse last year. Not enough though.

Hence they're fucked :clap:

Says a bloke who is a member of AIM.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 November 2017 19:13 Post ID: #1560276 - in reply to #1560128
GeroniMO
Never been the same since HH was involved. Coach away days , light and bitter, Black and Tans, punch up on motorway services, missing the bus back, blagging back to London.
All for a fiver, happy days.
Like post
Like this post
10 November 2017 20:10 Post ID: #1560285 - in reply to #1560128
MOaner
what with our recent bad form injuries, etc, a bright bit of news for once.
Like post
Like this post
12 November 2017 08:24 Post ID: #1560402 - in reply to #1560128
Sir MO
Wonder whether they will do the Player of the Season Awards before they dissolve/melt away. After all chances are they already decided back in August. Bye
Like post
Like this post
12 November 2017 09:50 Post ID: #1560407 - in reply to #1560285
GeroniMO
High Life Street - 10/11/2017 20:10

what with our recent bad form injuries, etc, a bright bit of news for once.

Like post
Like this post
15 November 2017 17:45 Post ID: #1560682 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Thursdays radio show cancelled.
Can someone explain in a few words what's gone on please?
I blame PG
Like post
Like this post
15 November 2017 19:14 Post ID: #1560690 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Thanks for nothing lads.
I've had to read the whole bloody thread now!
You might not like the MSC but the club have f***ed the supporters over with this.
The MSC were forced by PG & JB to change the way you could get elected to be the FOTB & not the other way round. I tried to rally against it at the time but no one was interested.
P.s. I do remember them spending some money once on a bunch of flowers for Gregory's wife or mum after the Bradford cup match.
Like post
Like this post
15 November 2017 22:31 Post ID: #1560696 - in reply to #1560690
MamMOth
"no one was interested"

A fitting epitaph for the MSC.
Like post
Like this post
15 November 2017 22:38 Post ID: #1560697 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Fair enough TD but as fans we do get "rolled over" and I can't remember the last time the board listened to us?
(Just remembered, it was when we wanted that c*** Holloway sacked!)
Like post
Like this post
16 November 2017 08:23 Post ID: #1560709 - in reply to #1560682
Supreme MO
onlyagame - 15/11/2017 17:45

Thursdays radio show cancelled.
Can someone explain in a few words what's gone on please?
I blame PG :134:

The radio show was cancelled?

Well, that's fucked up my aural pleasure via the Podcast.

I spent many a happy hour listening to Danielle, trying to read and talk at the same time.

Along with Ted and Graeme's embarrassing attempt of chatting her up - they should feel ashamed of themselves.

Admittedly, the two hours could sometimes feel like a fortnight; the only thing I regret is not jotting down the name of the widow cleaner that sponsored the Show.

Beyond sad.

Like post
Like this post
16 November 2017 18:27 Post ID: #1560795 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Reading the Southwark News today it came across as empire
building by the FOTB.
Like post
Like this post
16 November 2017 19:07 Post ID: #1560801 - in reply to #1560696
Little Wacker
tony_dolby - 15/11/2017 22:31

"no one was interested"

A fitting epitaph for the MSC.

My dad and I went to an AGM of the old MSC back in the sixties. He warned me not to say a word lest we end up on the poxy committee.
Like post
Like this post
16 November 2017 19:55 Post ID: #1560814 - in reply to #1560128
Curly MO
My Interview with John Kelly from the Southwark News

What is the deal with the MSC and Millwall FC funding?
The MSC receives £1 from Millwall FC for every season ticket holder and member with the purpose that this is used by the MSC to benefit the fans.

You are a member of the MSC but it’s obvious you are not happy with the current MSC, why is that?
Since I became Fan on the Board I was concerned that the MSC was not performing in the best interests of the Fans, there was very little fan engagement, and the funds which the MSC received every year to support the fans was not really being spent. I then found out that the accounts had not been audited. I’m not suggesting there is anything untoward with the accounts, but the MSC Constitution requires the accounts to be audited every year, and some fans were starting to question the fact the MSC didn’t seem to be providing a benefit for the fans and at the same time was not being open with the accounts. Steve Kavanagh has said that he wants a thriving and engaging supporters group and I want the same, and I think the fans will agree that they aren’t getting that from the current MSC. I don’t think its right that the MSC has over £10,000 of fan money sitting in an account and that it isn’t being spent of the benefit of the fans.

Why is the MSC dissolving?
The Millwall FC Board receives copies of the Minutes of every MSC meeting and at the Board meeting beginning of November 2017, the Board decided that due to these concerns of lack of fan engagement and the accounts not being audited, it would change the rules on how the fans’ money would be distributed. The Millwall FC Board has recommended that the money should managed by the Fan on the Board. Some of the MSC Committee members felt that this meant that the MSC was no longer a viable group and that they would have to dissolve.

Do you agree with the MSC dissolving?
Prior to the MSC announcing the Extraordinary General Meeting to vote on dissolving, I had already asked for an EGM as I felt that I had lost trust and confidence in the MSC, mainly due to the failure to ensure the accounts were audited, but also due to the gulf that I could see between the MSC and the fans. I didn’t ask for dissolution, just that I had lost trust and confidence in the current Committee.

You were also involved in the running of the Association of Millwall Supporters (AMS) is this a Coup by AMS to take over the MSC?
No, this definitely isn’t an AMS coup to take over the MSC!
AMS is basically a campaigning organization now we were very successful with what some Lewisham Councilors have called our grass roots campaign to put a halt to the Lewisham Compulsory Purchase Order, which included local homes and businesses around the Den. We accept that fight isn’t over and the AMS will continue that fight, but the AMS is completely separate to Millwall FC. AMS is not there as an official Supporters Club to deal with day to day issues between the fans and the Club. This isn’t a takeover of the MSC by the AMS.

It’s been suggested by some fans that you are becoming too close to the Club and no longer putting the fans interests first, how does this fit with the Club deciding that all future requests for fan funds should go through the Fan on the Board?
I am on the Board, but I am not a Club Director and don’t want to be as that would make it difficult for me to challenge the Board Directors for the benefit of the fans. In my current position I regularly challenge the Board on the issues which affect the fans, or push the Board to do things which are for the fans’ benefit. For example I have persuaded the Board to recognize that Both HOF and MILLWALL ON LINE are valid fan platforms. Pressed the CEO to argue for a change of kick off time or as in the case of Cardiff FC v Millwall FC to fight for the kick off time to remain at 3pm despite the request of the police to make it an earlier kick off. Introduction of the Fans Panel which takes some of the decision making in relation to Club bans away from the Club and places it in the hands of the panel.

Do you think that the Fan on the Board should have to be a member of the MSC or should they be separate with a different purpose to a supporters group?
I don’t have a preference so long as the Supporters Group is performing for the fans, I don’t care what format the Fan on the Board takes. I have asked the fans for their opinion on this as there is no reason why the Fan on the Board could not be an individual role who is voted on by the fans.

The past year has been quite a year for you, the success of the AMS in suspending the Lewisham CPO campaign, appointed as Fan on the Board, and now nominated as the Football Supporters Federation Supporter Liaison of the Year. What’s next?

It all depends on how the MSC dissolution pans out, but I’m now drafting up a new constitution and new ideas for the next supporter group, in whatever format that turns out to be, either a new version of the MSC or something different. I’m very keen to hear from the fans about their ideas and how they would like the new supporters group to work. I’ve created a survey so that the fans can give me their views on what they want from the future, but I’ve already got ideas of away transport deals and general help regarding away travel (trains, hotels etc.), better benefits for fans becoming a member such as “Bring in a mate for £1”, better use of social media to communicate with the fans and obtain fans opinions such as a Q&A, but likewise keeping some of the traditional ideas such as programme newsletter or updates.

I will never forget my brief that I am the Fans’ fan on the board and this role is for them and to increase communication between the Board/Club and the fans.
I won’t please everyone I understand that but I will try. I promise I will do the best I can do and if I need any help I will find the right team to make it happen.

Like post
Like this post
16 November 2017 23:20 Post ID: #1560859 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Please tell me I'm wrong about this but your not on the board are you?
Only a director can actually be on the board. You might go to the meetings but you can't vote on anything whereas PG does have a vote so you were undermined by the club from the start.
I hope I'm wrong, my wife says I usually am!
Like post
Like this post
17 November 2017 12:56 Post ID: #1560913 - in reply to #1560128
MOaner
Ironic that you had to be part of the MSC to get elected as FOTB and now wanted to disband the MSC, yet when pushed in the interview was very neutral about where the FOTB should come from.

As OAG says, if you're not actually on the board, then the FOTB should be renamed.
Like post
Like this post
17 November 2017 14:06 Post ID: #1560922 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
The Interview with John Kelly from the Southwark News before the Subs got hold of it...........

What is the deal with the MSC and Millwall FC funding?

The MSC receives £100 from Millwall FC for every season ticket holder and member with the purpose that this is used by the MSC to line their own pockets.

You are a member of the MSC but it’s obvious you are not happy with the current MSC, why is that?

Since I became a Fanny On The Board I was concerned that the MSC was not performing in the best interests of the Fans; boo-hoo.
There was very little fan engagement, and the funds which the MSC received every year to support the fans were being spent on new microphones and swivel chairs for the Lions Live.
I then found out that the accounts had not been audited for 17 years. I'm suggesting there is something untoward with the accounts, the MSC Constitution requires the accounts to be audited every year, so sort of fuck-up as occurred somewhere along the line.
Some fans were starting to question the fact the MSC didn’t seem to be providing a benefit for the fans and at the same time was not being open with the Accounts - are you following me?
Steve said that he wants a thriving and engaging supporters group (oh, yeah) and I want the same, sort of.
I think the fans will agree that they aren’t getting that from the current MSC. I don’t think it's right that the MSC has over £100,000 of fan money sitting in an off-shore account and that it isn’t being spent of the benefit of the fans - like a Beano to Margate or new tyres for the Blue Bus.

Why is the MSC dissolving?

The Millwall FC Board never receives copies of the Minutes of every MSC meeting and at the Board meeting beginning of November 2017, the Board decided that due to these concerns of lack of fan engagement and the Accounts not being audited, I would change the rules on how the fans’ money would be distributed.
The Millwall FC Board has recommended that the money should managed by the Fanny on the Board (Me!). Some of the MSC Committee members felt that this meant that the MSC was no longer a viable group and that they would have to dissolve; game, set and match.

Do you agree with the MSC dissolving?

Prior to the MSC announcing the Extraordinary General Meeting to vote on dissolving, I had already asked for an EGM as I felt that I (me, me, me) had lost trust and confidence in the MSC, mainly due to the failure to ensure the Accounts were audited, but also due to the gulf that I could see between the MSC and the fans. I didn’t ask for dissolution of the monasteries, just that I had lost trust and confidence in the current Committee, in particular, the women.

You were also involved in the running of the Association of Millwall Supporters (AMS) is this a Coup by AMS to take over the MSC?

Yes, this definitely an AMS coup to take over the MSC!

AMS is basically a travel company organising piss-poor trips on the Thames. Also, were very successful with what some Lewisham Councilors have called our grassing campaign to put a halt to the Lewisham Compulsory Purchase Order, which included local homes and businesses around the Den.
We accept that fight isn’t over and the AMS will continue that fight, but the AMS is completely separate to Millwall FC. AMS is not there as an official Supporters Club to deal with day to day issues between the fans and the Club; pies, draught lager and suchlike. This is a definite takeover of the MSC by the AMS.

It’s been suggested by some fans that you are becoming too close to the Club and no longer putting the fans interests first, how does this fit with the Club deciding that all future requests for fan funds should go through the a Fanny on the Board?

I am on the Board, but I am not a Club Director; not yet anyway. No idea what the hourly rate is, or whether paid holidays.
It would make it less difficult for me to challenge the Board Directors for the benefit of the fans. In my current position I regularly challenge the Board on the issues which affect the fans; pies, draught lager, Fat Dan upsetting people in the Car Park etc.
I have pushed the Board to do things which are for the fans’ benefit.
For example I have persuaded the Board to recognize that Both HOF and MILLWALL ON LINE are valid fan platforms. They all like Pies, Booze and Charlie. Pressed the CEO to argue for a change of kick off time or as in the case of Cardiff FC v Millwall FC to fight for the kick off time to remain at 3pm despite the request of the police to make it a 7am kickoff.
Introduction of the Fans Panel which takes some of the decision making in relation to Club bans away from the Club and places it in the hands of the panel - should be another revenue stream (for me).

Do you think that the Fan on the Board should have to be a member of the MSC or should they be separate with a different purpose to a supporters group?

I don’t have a preference so long as the Supporters Group is fucking the fans over, I don’t care what format the Fanny on the Board takes. I have asked the fans for their opinion, most told me to fuck-off and stop being a wanker. There is no reason why the Fanny on the Board could not be an individual role who is voted on by the fans.

The past year has been quite a year for you, the success of the AMS in suspending the Lewisham CPO campaign, appointed as Fanny on the Board, and now nominated as the Football Supporters Federation Supporter Liaison of the Year. What’s next?

Well, I won two hundred quid on the Lottery, so I'm thinking about doing-up the Bathroom.
I’m now drafting up a new constitution and new ideas for the next supporter group, Alt-Wall, whereby I keep all the money. Whatever format that turns out to be, either a new version of the MSC or something different. I’m not keen to hear from the fans about their ideas and how they would like the new supporters group to work, they can go fuck themselves.
I’ve created a survey so that the fans can give me their views on what they want from the future, but I’ve already got ideas of away transport deals and general help regarding away travel (trains, hotels, boats, airships etc.), better benefits for fans becoming a member such as “Bang a mate for £1”, better use of MySpace to communicate with the fans and obtain fans opinions such as a Q&A, but likewise keeping some of the traditional ideas such as telegrams and smoke signals.

I will never forget my brief that I am the Fans’ fanny on the board and this role is for them and to increase communication between the Board/Club/Police/Hot Dog Sellers and the fans.
I won’t please everyone (too fucking right) but I will try; other than that, they can all fuck-off.
I promise I will do the best I can do and spend the money.

Thanks for your time Micky.

Like post
Like this post
17 November 2017 15:37 Post ID: #1560931 - in reply to #1560128
Supreme MO
Nobody reads between the lines as good as you Paree.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (4): 1 2
Jump to forum: