Millwall Forum - After Wolves
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Fantastic pass from Trotter... straight to the intended player. - Dreamland
- (Added by: Karld)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Aston Villa MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Martin13%
Romeo5%
Hutchinson4%
Cooper5%
Meredith2%
Wallace7%
Tunnicliffe4%
Saville4%
O'Brien44%
Morison2%
Gregory7%
Sub - Elliott1%
Sub - Williams2%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker178
2.whiskylion88
3.midway lion84
4.PurleyLion76
5.numbernine60
6.unit458
7.BigPaul52
8.Kryan Bing51
9.Arthur2shedsJackson48
10.craywall7037
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
After Wolves
03 December 2017 11:34 Post ID: #1562719
MOjo
Sheffield Utd are the best team I've seen against us this season. Out of the current top six we've lost 1-0 away to Wolves, drawn away to to Bristol City and Cardiff and won yesterday. As Walter said on another thread we look like a championship side. Harris said in his post match we have been a little unlucky in some of our draws.

Prior to yesterday our previous three games had been against relegated Prem teams and an established championship side. In the main these sides had better players than us. Fulham sold us Tunni and Hutch, Reading didn't want Cooper, Wolves Savile or Jed, our fullbacks have been Div 1 players.

My point is that whilst a few of these sides have better players we have a better team, a better unit, mentality and togetherness that has been forged by Harris. If Neil can be brave enough to change his formation (as he did yesterday) during games, I'm sure we will undo the opposition more often. I would love to see Williams in a three with Romeo and Meredith bombing on.

Just saying.......

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
03 December 2017 12:08 Post ID: #1562725 - in reply to #1562719
MOjo
This is the best squad we have had for a long time. Shame we lost webster and williams plus we suffered a couple of iffy red cards. Neil has done a great job on what must be one of the smallest budgets in the division.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 13:06 Post ID: #1562731 - in reply to #1562725
MOjo
HappyLion - 3/12/2017 12:08

This is the best squad we have had for a long time. Shame we lost webster and williams plus we suffered a couple of iffy red cards. Neil has done a great job on what must be one of the smallest budges in the division.

Might be the best but definitely the smallest. Every time I look at the two team sheets we have the smallest squad by far. That will start telling after a busy Xmas period.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 13:57 Post ID: #1562735 - in reply to #1562719
Supreme MO
FireWall - 3/12/2017 11:34

Sheffield Utd are the best team I've seen against us this season. Out of the current top six we've lost 1-0 away to Wolves, drawn away to to Bristol City and Cardiff and won yesterday. As Walter said on another thread we look like a championship side. Harris said in his post match we have been a little unlucky in some of our draws.

Prior to yesterday our previous three games had been against relegated Prem teams and an established championship side. In the main these sides had better players than us. Fulham sold us Tunni and Hutch, Reading didn't want Cooper, Wolves Savile or Jed, our fullbacks have been Div 1 players.

My point is that whilst a few of these sides have better players we have a better team, a better unit, mentality and togetherness that has been forged by Harris. If Neil can be brave enough to change his formation (as he did yesterday) during games, I'm sure we will undo the opposition more often. I would love to see Williams in a three with Romeo and Meredith bombing on.

Just saying.......

Hutchinson & Tunnicliffe were both free agents.

I browsed a Wolves forum last summer. They had a list of their players saying who should go & stay. The fans wanted Saville to stay. Obviously the manager & chairman thought differently.

Believe Reading made a mistake selling Cooper for a reported 400k.

Need to get points against the likes of Burton, Brentford & Barnsley. These teams deserve to be in this division even more so than Millwall as they have been here longer. If 3 points is not for the taking, play for a point.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 14:54 Post ID: #1562744 - in reply to #1562719
GeroniMO
The fact remains we have not been thumped by anyone as yet. We have a dynamic way of how we setup, some will argue its just 442 but its how we play 442 that is alien to most teams in this division that we haven't played for a few seasons or longer. Our two front men are rarely central and play the channels pulling their opposing CB's wide. My point here is that after the turn of the year every team would of played us once and will be better prepared the 2nd time around. What NH did yesterday needs to be deployed a lot more, either from the start of games or during. I am convinced players like Elliott and AOB for example would be better suited if we play 352 from the off or as subs during a game. NH cannot run Morison and Gregory into the ground week in week out and with a flurry of games now upon us he needs to utilise the squad. Fresh legs in Wallace and Romeo contributed yesterday.

Also worth mentioning Chris Wilders after match interview was very honest and for once complimentary about Wall. Well worth watching.

COYL
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 16:46 Post ID: #1562757 - in reply to #1562719
Supreme MO
I feel it's about the better sides come to the Den with the ambition of taking all three points whereas the lesser lights come with the ambition of nicking one on the break and stealing the points.
We cannot unlock sides that do not want to play and with the better sides we do not have to unpick them.
Like post
Like this post
03 December 2017 23:09 Post ID: #1562814 - in reply to #1562719
MOaner
fascinating season, great league. just gotta stay in it?
Like post
Like this post
04 December 2017 10:22 Post ID: #1562837 - in reply to #1562719
Big MO
No hoof ball play like we did sat consistently No problems
Like post
Like this post
04 December 2017 15:47 Post ID: #1562880 - in reply to #1562735
MOnster
Millwalladam - 3/12/2017 15:57

Just saying.......

I browsed a Wolves forum last summer. They had a list of their players saying who should go & stay. The fans wanted Saville to stay. Obviously the manager & chairman thought differently.

Need to get points against the likes of Burton, Brentford & Barnsley. These teams deserve to be in this division even more so than Millwall as they have been here longer. If 3 points is not for the taking, play for a point.

Erm unless it's the top division longer means you're stale, inefficient, ineffective and probably on the wane. By far the most likely candidate to ever win promotion is the team that just came up. A point? Will fans ever learn, averaging a point is relegation.
Like post
Like this post
06 December 2017 16:35 Post ID: #1563058 - in reply to #1562880
Supreme MO
numbernine - 4/12/2017 15:47

Millwalladam - 3/12/2017 15:57

Just saying.......

Erm unless it's the top division longer means you're stale, inefficient, ineffective and probably on the wane. By far the most likely candidate to ever win promotion is the team that just came up. A point? Will fans ever learn, averaging a point is relegation.

I wouldn't say Burton & Barnsley are stale. It's only their second season in the Championship. Both are sufferring slightly from 'second season syndrome'. But neither should be written off.

This is Brentfords forth season in the Championship. They are a well run club about to move into a better stadium. They are aware that one above average season for them could result in them doing a Huddersfield. I wouldn't put it past them.

Millwall need to sometimes settle for a point against these clubs. Even when at home.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: