Millwall Forum - Team v Norwich
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: True friends stab you in the front-Oscar Wilde
- (Added by: Dogjaw)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Preston MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer10%
Romeo1%
Hutchinson21%
Cooper4%
Meredith1%
Wallace1%
Tunnicliffe2%
Saville1%
O'Brien9%
Morison2%
Gregory2%
Sub - Williams1%
Sub - Onyedinma45%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.whiskylion274
2.midway lion213
3.ParisWall199
4.kevrelles196
5.High Life Street151
6.FireWall115
7.BigPaul87
8.unit479
9.Millwalladam71
10.King of The Jungle65
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Team v Norwich
31 December 2017 10:56 Post ID: #1566215
Legend MO
An important game for us to see if we can break our duck with an away win but an even more important game for them as they will want revenge for a 4-0 thumping early in the season. They are an up and down side so let's hope we catch them on a down day. They will also want to show their fans that they can play poorly at Burton yesterday but follow it up with a winning display against us.

Team selection is more a matter of who has caught their breath after Friday's win over the insane one and whether our two injured soldiers have recovered sufficiently to be available for selection.

Archer played well on Friday, kept a clean sheet and will probably start, although it is clear that Martin is more than capable of deputising. Maybe his chance will,come net week in the cup. Romeo had a decent game on Friday, showed some aggression and I would imagine that McLaughlin, if fit, will start on the bench. Hutch and Cooper had solid games and Meredith had a stormer so I imagine they would all start.

The issues with midfield roll on. Wallace had a very good game and, assuming he is fully recharged should start. The issues revolve around the other three places. There was talk on here of Saville having an ankle problem so he may not start. If fit, he should retain his place. The issue revolves around Tunnicliffe and Williams. Ryan had a decent game but he is all action and speed whereas Williams is calm and measured and a better defensive midfielder who can pass better. For this away game Williams get the edge for me although if Saville is not fit then Tunnicliffe should start. AOB is an enigma but the only real option to him is Fred and on Fridays showing then he is a better option from the bench.

Up front Gregory should start with his preferred partner Morison with Elliott making the bench if he is fit.

My thoughts are,

Archer
Romeo Hutch Cooper Meredith
Wallace Saville Williams AOB
Morison Gregory
Subs Martn TC McLaughlin Thompson Fred Tunnicliffe Elliott
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
31 December 2017 11:44 Post ID: #1566220 - in reply to #1566215
Supreme MO
Archer

Romeo Hutchinson Cooper Meredith

Wallace Saville Williams Tunnicliffe

Morison Gregory

-------------

Tunnicliffe is playing well & can apparently play across midfield. May be a more solid option than AOB for an away game. Only one way to find out. Give AOB a rest.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 12:14 Post ID: #1566224 - in reply to #1566215
Supreme MO
.................................Archer.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hutch..........Cooper.
..............................Williams.
Romeo.....Saville.........Tunnicliffe...A O'Brien....Meredith.
........................Morison..............Gregory.
Here to help Mr.Harris.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 12:17 Post ID: #1566226 - in reply to #1566215
Supreme MO
"AOB is an enema".

Bit harsh, Silver....!
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 12:27 Post ID: #1566229 - in reply to #1566215
Supreme MO
Where's Percy's opinion on the team ? He's been too quiet
for my liking.
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 13:04 Post ID: #1566250 - in reply to #1566215
Legend MO
I know Whisky that AOB can play poorly but I would never describe him as an enema. Let's hope he finds his scoring boots, can completely fool their RB and prove that he is indeed, an enigma!
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 13:06 Post ID: #1566251 - in reply to #1566215
Legend MO
I should have added that I will be at Carrow Road tomorrow.....let out for good behaviour.......but don't expect my Just Back until about 9 pm!
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 14:27 Post ID: #1566268 - in reply to #1566250
Supreme MO
silverlion - 31/12/2017 13:04

I know Whisky that AOB can play poorly but I would never describe him as an enema. Let's hope he finds his scoring boots, can completely fool their RB and prove that he is indeed, an enigma!

Perhaps Churchill would have described AOB as a riddle, wrapped in a enigma, inside an enema...
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 14:49 Post ID: #1566273 - in reply to #1566229
Legend MO
midway lion - 31/12/2017 12:27

Where's Percy's opinion on the team ? He's been too quiet
for my liking.

Away at present so not sitting watching TV with the iPad on my lap all day!

Harris will stick with Archer but he still makes me nervous. When he spilled the ball from a regulation shot late in the QPR game and only just about managed to retrieve it those in the Upper Tier Barry Kitchener Stand at my end breathed a collective sigh of relief. I like Silver's suggestion that Martin plays against Barnsley, just keep your fingers crossed for him that Neil doesn't make too many changes for that game and weaken the defence in front of him (e.g. Gives TC a runout as a CD).

The back four should remain unchanged, although I do prefer McLaughlin's defending to Romeo's. Wallace, Saville and a fully fit Williams should start leaving the LM berth. I suspect Neil will start with AOB, although I hope not. His performances against Wolves and QPR have, IMO, been poor on both the attacking and, especially, defending fronts which is most disappointing after a stellar performance at Villa. I'd move Saville to LM and retain Tunnicliffe in the middle who, whilst limited, does a lot of the necessary and often unnoticed 'dirty' jobs. Ryan reminds me a little of Georgie Jacks who was also underrated by many.

Morison and Gregory should start.

When it comes to substituting, I hope at some time Thommo will get on. He's more deserving than Fred and offers more than a standard AOB performance.

Last but not least, I'd just like to say I've been really impressed with Cooper's continued improved performances in recent games. Okay, his distribution under pressure is still suspect, but he's starting to look the real deal. I noticed 3/4 times early in the QPR game he covered Hutchinson and cleared potentially dangerous situations

So we have:

Archer
Romeo, Hutchinson, Cooper, Meredith
Wallace, Tunnicliffe, Williams, Saville
Morison, Gregory
Like post
Like this post
31 December 2017 21:30 Post ID: #1566337 - in reply to #1566215
Supreme MO
You didn't see AOB dribbling pass defenders in both the Wolves and QPR
game ? It could be Percy, that the seat you occupy is too far away for your
ageing eyes
Like post
Like this post
01 January 2018 01:36 Post ID: #1566352 - in reply to #1566337
Legend MO
midway lion - 31/12/2017 21:30

You didn't see AOB dribbling pass defenders in both the Wolves and QPR
game ? It could be Percy, that the seat you occupy is too far away for your
ageing eyes :whistle:

Yes I did but for me he lost the ball far more often than he created something. If he could mix up dribbling with simple layoffs and one twos he could become really dangerous. Currently he's too predictable. Against Wolves, despite AOB being aware of what was expected after the Molyneux game, he was roasted time and time again and we were lucky we didn't concede a goal until 1st half added time.

It wasn't so much of a problem against QPR but he was still causing difficulties by not doing the simple thing straight away. There was an instance in the 1st half when he received the ball by their right touchline around 5 yards into their half. The obvious and percentage option was to lay the ball back to Meredith then go, but no he held onto then lost it in the process taking out Meredith, Saville, Morison and, of course, himself. They broke but fortunately Cooper came to the rescue.

So in short, I've seen his dribbling ability in all our games this season barring Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Derby and likewise I've seen him expose our defence by pointing instead of picking up players and an inability to mark and stay with an opponent who plays the "one" in a one two. And I won't mention his heading (lack of) ability, his constant pulling out of aerial challenges is an insult to his teammates, those Millwall players that have gone before him and us fans, there's no place for cowardice in any Millwall player

Sometimes his attacking prowess outweighs his defensive frailties other times they don't. In the latter case I feel Neil should replace him immediately.

Like post
Like this post
01 January 2018 10:01 Post ID: #1566363 - in reply to #1566215
MO Youth
Anyone know of a ticket going spare I need an under 18's but more than happy to take an adults ticket if someone has 1 going spare?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>