Millwall Forum - So you’re all judging Harris and the team again
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: True friends stab you in the front-Oscar Wilde
- (Added by: Dogjaw)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer5%
Romeo0%
Hutchinson4%
Cooper4%
Meredith1%
Wallace0%
Williams0%
Saville1%
Marshall0%
Gregory4%
Morison1%
Sub - Onyedinma1%
Sub - Cahill76%
Sub - Shackell3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.ParisWall297
2.waterloowacker272
3.midway lion230
4.High Life Street184
5.whiskylion162
6.Millwalladam111
7.kevrelles97
8.Kryan Bing94
9.BigPaul84
10.PurleyLion82
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (4): 1 2 3
So you’re all judging Harris and the team again
08 February 2018 13:32 Post ID: #1573282 - in reply to #1573171
MOaner
whiskylion - 8/2/2018 07:01

cold blow - 8/2/2018 05:33

Thought i,d logged into the Palace forum by mistake.

Are we turning into the supporters we loathe with delusions of grandeur, and thinking we only have to turn up to beat the so called smaller teams.

Not the Millwall i know.

So we lost a game of football, yes we could have had another crack at Spurs, so what, Rochdale got through, we lost.

I will take what Neil Harris has done for our club in his time in charge and what he is building for the future, over losing one game on a ploughed field against a lower league club all day long.

You have got entirely the wrong end of the stick Cold Blow, I'm afraid.

The overwhelming point being made by the supporters on here is that it is the club, or at least the team management, that is not the Millwall they know.

I am seething regarding Tuesday. Not because we lost. That's the FA Cup, that's football. You take defeat the same way as you take victory. I was angry the moment I was handed the team sheet before kick off. I was angry during the game. I'm angry now. Had we won, I'd still be genuinely pissed off.

So it is not the supporters who have delusions of grandeur but the coaching staff for putting out a (hopeless) reserve side in the 4th Round of the FA Cup with Spurs as the prize. Who the hell do we think we are to show such contempt for their opponents and travelling supporters? It is the first time ever in the history of the club we have sent a reserve side abroad to do battle in the FA Cup: not the Millwall we knew and loved. Not Millwall values, not the Millwall way.

You were looking at our argument through the wrong end of the telescope, mate.

Genuine question then, if its not about the loss and you'd have been angry even had we won. Where are/or were there moans from you and all the others unhappy now, when we stuffed Barnsley?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 February 2018 18:11 Post ID: #1573377 - in reply to #1572796
GeroniMO
We have one of, if not the smallest squad in the league, did anyone genuinley expect Harris to play his best team on that surface.

His mistake was in the first leg, yet we had all and sundry saying it would be easy in the second leg,
well it was,nt and if the best team had turned out he would have played the same way (hoofball) on that pitch with no guarantees of a result.

If Morison, Gregory or Hutchinson had got injured and were out for the rest of the season or worse
this would have been a ten pager, calling Harris all the cunts under the sun for taking that risk.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:11 Post ID: #1573378 - in reply to #1572796
GeroniMO

Edited by cold blow 8/2/2018 18:14
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:11 Post ID: #1573379 - in reply to #1572796
GeroniMO

Edited by cold blow 8/2/2018 18:14
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:34 Post ID: #1573387 - in reply to #1573282
Supreme MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 13:32

Are we turning into the supporters we loathe with delusions of grandeur, and thinking we only have to turn up to beat the so called smaller teams.

Not the Millwall i know.

So we lost a game of football, yes we could have had another crack at Spurs, so what, Rochdale got through, we lost.

I will take what Neil Harris has done for our club in his time in charge and what he is building for the future, over losing one game on a ploughed field against a lower league club all day long.

The overwhelming point being made by the supporters on here is that it is the club, or at least the team management, that is not the Millwall they know.

I am seething regarding Tuesday. Not because we lost. That's the FA Cup, that's football. You take defeat the same way as you take victory. I was angry the moment I was handed the team sheet before kick off. I was angry during the game. I'm angry now. Had we won, I'd still be genuinely pissed off.

So it is not the supporters who have delusions of grandeur but the coaching staff for putting out a (hopeless) reserve side in the 4th Round of the FA Cup with Spurs as the prize. Who the hell do we think we are to show such contempt for their opponents and travelling supporters? It is the first time ever in the history of the club we have sent a reserve side abroad to do battle in the FA Cup: not the Millwall we knew and loved. Not Millwall values, not the Millwall way.

Genuine question then, if its not about the loss and you'd have been angry even had we won. Where are/or were there moans from you and all the others unhappy now, when we stuffed Barnsley?

Fair question, Bex, so here's a genuine answer.

For a start the side he put out against Barnsley was essentially the first team with four fill ins. Both Morison and Wallace started. Martin, Craig, Thompson and Fred were the only players not guaranteed a start the following week. It was nowhere near as weak as the two sides which started home and away against Rochdale, which was a reserve side with the odd first team starter here and there.

Also before the game I posted this:

Sorry, mate. Don't buy into that.

Back in 1975/76 season Jago played exactly the same closing down tactics - actually possibly an even fiercer version because both strikers were told to chase and harry. Yet we played Palace in the cup on the 13th and 16th Dec, same opponents again in the League on the 20th, then at Peterborough on the 26th and home to Swindon on the 27th. Basically, five games in two weeks - three against the then League leaders. Then finished the season with three games - and wins - in five days to clinch promotion.

Our squad then was, if anything, smaller than now and only one sub was allowed, so the workload was much greater. Oh, and more football was played then because there were fewer stoppages (a statistical fact), with less time taken for free kicks, goal-kicks throw-ins etc.

Just get on with it: it is a first team competition, people are paying good money and giving up their valuable time. So play the bloody first team.

Read more: http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.as...
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 21:41 Post ID: #1573448 - in reply to #1572796
Sir MO
What sort of man in any walk of life keeps their job when costing the company half a mil in revenue. alienates certain portions of the customer base i.e. the supporters and doesn't offer up any kind of excuse or apology. By apology I mean a genuine one. Football is a joke now. Do not deserve a loyal core support. Years many have been following this club and at times the only joy we ever got was the cup. Disgraceful. Not just about this result but the whole charade around the den of all the people that know about this club Harris ought to know better ala tranmere.
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 12:53 Post ID: #1573535 - in reply to #1573387
MOaner
whiskylion - 8/2/2018 18:34

Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 13:32

Not the Millwall i know.

Fair question, Bex, so here's a genuine answer.

For a start the side he put out against Barnsley was essentially the first team with four fill ins. Both Morison and Wallace started. Martin, Craig, Thompson and Fred were the only players not guaranteed a start the following week. It was nowhere near as weak as the two sides which started home and away against Rochdale, which was a reserve side with the odd first team starter here and there.

Also before the game I posted this:

Sorry, mate. Don't buy into that.

Back in 1975/76 season Jago played exactly the same closing down tactics - actually possibly an even fiercer version because both strikers were told to chase and harry. Yet we played Palace in the cup on the 13th and 16th Dec, same opponents again in the League on the 20th, then at Peterborough on the 26th and home to Swindon on the 27th. Basically, five games in two weeks - three against the then League leaders. Then finished the season with three games - and wins - in five days to clinch promotion.

Our squad then was, if anything, smaller than now and only one sub was allowed, so the workload was much greater. Oh, and more football was played then because there were fewer stoppages (a statistical fact), with less time taken for free kicks, goal-kicks throw-ins etc.

Just get on with it: it is a first team competition, people are paying good money and giving up their valuable time. So play the bloody first team.

Read more: http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.as...

Fair enough Whisky, you have been consistent, even prior to the Barnsley game. The last post on that link you put up there was from Midway saying

'What so terrible about Craig, Thommo etc starting the match ? They are after all members of the first team squad !' - He is now apoplectic with rage towards the gaffer

Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 13:16 Post ID: #1573544 - in reply to #1573387
GeroniMO
whiskylion - 8/2/2018 18:34

One of my favourite seasons. After those Palace games only three defeats. In the unbeaten run at the the back end of the season, drawing 0-0 at their gaff with 35,000? in that ground, our lot rammed in that end, what a noise and what a night!! It felt like a win, it really hurt Allison and the Nigel’s. Or was it that curse that really finished them off....?

Edited by Kryan Bing 9/2/2018 13:19
Like post
Like this post
Pages (4): 1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>