Millwall Forum - A Night of Shame to Blight Millwall's 133 Year History.
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Dad. are the Beatles the blokes that sung hey hey we're The Monkees". My daughter to me
- (Added by: Leatherbarrow)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer7%
Romeo1%
Hutchinson7%
Cooper8%
Meredith2%
Wallace1%
Williams1%
Saville4%
Marshall1%
Gregory4%
Morison1%
Sub - Onyedinma9%
Sub - Cahill48%
Sub - Shackell6%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker340
2.ParisWall300
3.midway lion270
4.High Life Street211
5.whiskylion204
6.Millwalladam126
7.kevrelles122
8.PurleyLion103
9.Wall loyal101
10.Kryan Bing97
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (7): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 Last »
A Night of Shame to Blight Millwall's 133 Year History.
07 February 2018 20:07 Post ID: #1573119 - in reply to #1572885
the same as he looked last week
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
07 February 2018 20:50 Post ID: #1573127 - in reply to #1572885
GeroniMO
The pundits and bookies had us favourites to win, even with the ridiculous changes to the team. It’s the FA Cup, shit pitch in a northern shithole, upsets happen all the time. After the home game and draw, we should have put out a strong side and made changes from there.

Makes me wonder if the plc fancied it, OB costs, prospect of trouble. Fuck knows, we lost move on.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 21:14 Post ID: #1573131 - in reply to #1572885
MOther F*****
All the talk about not wanting the yids at the Den because of trouble is bollocks.
We got fucking done by a team more up for it than us not the first time won't be the fucking last
bring on Cardiff
COYL!!!
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 21:50 Post ID: #1573135 - in reply to #1572885
Sir MO
Harris played a weakened team, why? If he said outright it was because he wanted to save legs for Friday then that would be his choice. He therefore would have admitted that the replay was not a 100% priority, yet this is not what he is saying - he wants his cake and eat it.

All of this could have ben avoided if he played the team that played Reading. If that team had played and lost , we could have accepted it. I think his personal interest was put before that of the supporters. He said after the Reading game that he might play the same team. It is hard to believe that this was true. If it was, how come there were so many changes? He could not have thought that the team that played had as much chance of winning as the Reading team would have; therefore he has underestimated the oppo, over-estimated our team and undervalued the supporters - none of which is wise or intelligent. All these things are true and his post match comments are an insult. There has been no proper attempt to explain this situation. The club and supporters will move on because it (we) have to. This doesn't make anything to do with this debacle correct.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 22:25 Post ID: #1573142 - in reply to #1573004
MOjo
McC - 7/2/2018 12:37

Cor talk about melodramatic!!

At the End of the day the team he put out should have been good enough to beat Rochdale home or away.

Martin - many calling for him to be First choice instead just of Archer

Connor Mac - best right back in league 1 last season and regular international footballer

Hutch - arguably our player of the season so far

Shackell - prem pedigree and brought in to challenge for a first choice spot

Meredith - our first choice left back

Thompson - many claiming he should be given a run in the first 11

Tunnicliffe - proven Championship midfielder again arguably our first choice ball winning midfielder

Williams - best passer of the ball at the club with plenty of Championship and top of league 1 experience

Ferguson - regular international footballer

Fred - made in impact coming off of the bench in recent weeks and arguably deserved a start. Would walk into Rochdales team

Elliott - shit but with the ball expected to spend most of its time up
In the air I can see the logic in picking him

That team should be good enough to beat Rochdale. They wasn’t, we lost. We’ll beat teams from divisions above us in the again in the future, we’ll lose to teams from below us in stature in the future.

Move on and get behind the lads that run on the pitch in Friday night. Hoping we lose to those sheep shagging cunts on Friday night is pathetic.

Agree. Especially as some of the haters on here were advocating a weakened team just last round v Barnsley.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 22:40 Post ID: #1573144 - in reply to #1572885
Supreme MO
Champs and one or two others on here are diametrically opposed in my perception and philosophy of football and there can be no common ground.

I stand by every word I have written, and most of Moody's, too, as he seems to also see the larger picture here. My anger from last night, 24 hours on, has not remotely abated.

When I was handed the team sheet I was talking to a Rochdale couple who were explaining that they were in a dilemma: if Rochdale won it clashed with their skiing holiday in France, which had already been booked and paid for. Looking at our line-up I said to them: "Cancel your holiday now. You are playing Spurs. We are putting out basically our reserve side against you and there is not a goal in this team. You will win."

Another Millwall supporter near me looked at the sheet, looked at me and said: "What the fuck is that?" We had no doubt about the outcome of the evening. So what actually happened came as no surprise whatsoever.

Before the game was played I stated on this very forum that unless we played our first team we would lose. So, for 90 minutes I watched a train crash. We could see the loco heading straight for for the buffers at full speed, you knew what was going to happen...and inevitably it did. That was why I was so angry. The utter arrogance of our team selection and the certainty of the outcome.

I keep hearing about the pitch. No-one has yet mentioned it was the same for both sides, yet Rochdale had little problem coping with it. And I still say it was better than the one at Telford in 2004 and certainly no worse than many I saw us play at in the 70s and 80s, especially Newport's old ground. Without complaint, by the way.

Even the Daily Telegraph had a dig at us in their match report this morning, complaining about the lack of quality in our side, and our manager's lack of commitment to the competition. It ended saying that the travelling 350 Millwall fans must have wondered why they bothered to go to the game. In the mild-mannered Telegraph!!!

Everyone sees it except it seems the Millwall manager and his acolytes on here, for whom the manager can do no wrong and modern football values are to be held in high regard, where sport and its ethics itself is strangled by money.

Still doesn't explain, though, how every single previous Millwall manager fielded their fullest strength side in every FA Cup game up until NH this season. Obviously he knows a lot more about the game and the values of football and traditions of Millwall FC than every other manager who has gone before him.

Yeah, right....

Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 23:48 Post ID: #1573151 - in reply to #1572885
MOjo
I don't not agree with you Whisky - I do and i would always want our strongest side in any round of the FA Cup. What i find inconsistent is that some who are extremely angry about the selection last night actually advocated dropping first teamers in the 3rd round against Barnsley. That is all.
Like post
Like this post
07 February 2018 23:51 Post ID: #1573152 - in reply to #1572885
Quite a few of us didn't advocate playing the reserves against Barnsley.some of us still hold the fa cup in high esteem.not everybody feels this way its their choice.we've played in the fa cup for over 100 years and gone out because our best wasn't good enough.last night we went out cos our best wasnt playing.once again if people are happy with no problem.it has just left a rather sour taste in a lot of fans mouths.

Edited by RobbieMillwall 7/2/2018 23:59
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 00:07 Post ID: #1573153 - in reply to #1572885
MOth
We are shit.
Always have been shit.
Because a big signing for us is a ball boy that look a bit useful on the pre season tour to fucking Maidstone or Limerick or some other shit not even in the non league clubs.
So? What the fuck bigger match was we waliting for?
Please fucking tell me?
A home tie to Tottenham?
The fucking long suffering supporters of this business that has treated them like shit for sor so long would have loved it.
But yet again Millwall have pissed on all our chips and put up a fucking disgraceful display on a match that we could have won and given all the long sufgering supporters a fucking day out to really shout about.
What for? We were saving the team for the fucking relegation battle that even if we stay up this time we'll still be in nect season or the one after? The readon because no chairman ever spends a fucking penny at Millwall.
So this was a fuck you to the Millwall faithful because lets face it its a long hatd dire slog supporting us so we would like the occasional fucking highlight.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 07:59 Post ID: #1573175 - in reply to #1572885
Supreme MO
Any club that does not want the "distraction" of an FA cup run, should not enter the competition. Simple.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 08:15 Post ID: #1573176 - in reply to #1572885
MOhican
I went Tuesday and was pretty fkud off about everything , but if we had any sort of injury crisis this season with maybe 4 out at the same time , then that Rochdale team would be our championship side. It was hardly a team of kids or unknowns........ Shows we have been fortunate with injuries this season and that our squad is paper thin.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 08:17 Post ID: #1573177 - in reply to #1572885
Supreme MO
I think, other than a resounding win against Cardiff tomorrow night, NH could lose the supporters faith in him.

Which would be a first, both as a player and as manager.

As we all know, The Den is a bloody horrible place to be when supporters turn on you.

Just going back to the Cup - the result was magnified a hundred time due to the 'Yid Factor.'

Yesterday I mention the fact had we had been due to travel to Wigan, the pain wouldn't been half as bad.

Friday will be a big night - just hope NH comes out a winner - I really think he's a decent, honest bloke.

Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 08:43 Post ID: #1573186 - in reply to #1573175
Legend MO
BigPaul - 8/2/2018 07:59

Any club that does not want the "distraction" of an FA cup run, should not enter the competition. Simple.

Spot on BP
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 08:54 Post ID: #1573189 - in reply to #1572885
Supreme MO
Paris, from private conversations I've had I suspect there will be a number of people who went to Rochdale who will not just be at the Cardiff game but in a non-tv pub or restaurant come Friday night, not giving two hoots about the match and getting on with their lives.

What some people don't realise is that Rochdale from, say, Kent is a 500 mile round trip. It is about the same as driving to Paris and back: Bruxelles is nearer!!

Because of the weather and snow threat some people I met gave up a day's work to be there early. People, incidentally, who are not on £5,000 a week.

Anyway, don't worry about Friday: we are lower in the League than Cardiff. Neil Warnock will probably send his reserve team.

Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 09:21 Post ID: #1573192 - in reply to #1573189
Supreme MO
whiskylion - 8/2/2018 08:54

Paris, from private conversations I've had I suspect there will be a number of people who went to Rochdale who will not just be at the Cardiff game but in a non-tv pub or restaurant come Friday night, not giving two hoots about the match and getting on with their lives.

What some people don't realise is that Rochdale from, say, Kent is a 500 mile round trip. It is about the same as driving to Paris and back: Bruxelles is nearer!!

Because of the weather and snow threat some people I met gave up a day's work to be there early. People, incidentally, who are not on £5,000 a week.

Anyway, don't worry about Friday: we are lower in the League than Cardiff. Neil Warnock will probably send his reserve team.

Take your point, mate.

K and I were celebrating over Glazed Belly Pork and Smoked Mackerel Pate. Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Shoulder and Daube of Beef. Finishing with Apple and Blackberry Crumble and Toblerone Cheesecake.

Washed down with an Argentine Malbec.

............. in the meantime, you and the Lads were freezing your bollocks off in Greater Manchester. Probably, I got the better deal.

Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 09:24 Post ID: #1573193 - in reply to #1572885
MOaner
Just imagine if we'd made the signings of Cahill, Toffolo & Marshall a little bit earlier, they'd all have been available for the Rochdale game
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 14:21 Post ID: #1573307 - in reply to #1573193
Supreme MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 09:24

Just imagine if we'd made the signings of Cahill, Toffolo & Marshall a little bit earlier, they'd all have been available for the Rochdale game :rotfl:

If only ............

Like post
Like this post
Pages (7): « First ... 2 3 4
6 7 Last »
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>