Millwall Forum - Will he be man enough ?
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: It is better to be a Lion for a day, than a sheep all your life - Elisabeth Kenny
- (Added by: boris the spider)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer6%
Romeo0%
Hutchinson4%
Cooper4%
Meredith1%
Wallace0%
Williams0%
Saville1%
Marshall0%
Gregory4%
Morison1%
Sub - Onyedinma1%
Sub - Cahill75%
Sub - Shackell3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.ParisWall297
2.waterloowacker272
3.midway lion230
4.High Life Street184
5.whiskylion162
6.Millwalladam111
7.kevrelles97
8.Kryan Bing94
9.BigPaul84
10.PurleyLion82
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Will he be man enough ?
08 February 2018 13:11 Post ID: #1573275 - in reply to #1573265
Supreme MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 12:54

Its all a bit muggy getting upset when we lose a game, well to this extent.

No-one is upset because we lost the game.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 February 2018 13:14 Post ID: #1573279 - in reply to #1573241
Supreme MO
coldblower - 8/2/2018 11:22

Moody - 8/2/2018 09:53

coldblower - 8/2/2018 09:36

Moody - 8/2/2018 08:36

Warnock mugging us off on radio - saying we basically threw away 750k with our team at Rochdale.

Harris should apologise to the chairman too!

Obviously because we are playing his team on friday, its called mind games. Couldnt give a fuck what that northern cunt says.

Well, durr.

Why post it then? .
Apologise to the chairman!
And this pathetic spinless whinging cunt is talking about us not having a firm! Its slipping cos the ground is full of cunts like yourself.fuck having you by my side in a bit of bother.

I posted it because he is rightly playing mind games with Harris - and thought that was obvious, so didn't need to say that is what he is doing, like you felt the need to.

There is no bother anymore to get in.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 13:25 Post ID: #1573280 - in reply to #1573279
Supreme MO
Moody - 8/2/2018 13:14

coldblower - 8/2/2018 11:22

Moody - 8/2/2018 09:53

coldblower - 8/2/2018 09:36

Moody - 8/2/2018 08:36

Warnock mugging us off on radio - saying we basically threw away 750k with our team at Rochdale.

Harris should apologise to the chairman too!

Obviously because we are playing his team on friday, its called mind games. Couldnt give a fuck what that northern cunt says.

Well, durr.

Why post it then? .
Apologise to the chairman!
And this pathetic spinless whinging cunt is talking about us not having a firm! Its slipping cos the ground is full of cunts like yourself.fuck having you by my side in a bit of bother.

I posted it because he is rightly playing mind games with Harris - and thought that was obvious, so didn't need to say that is what he is doing, like you felt the need to.

There is no bother anymore to get in.

Sorry forgot you are the forum expert on off pitch activities.
Oh and please hurry with the cardiff a-z im so excited.

Edited by coldblower 8/2/2018 13:28
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 13:27 Post ID: #1573281 - in reply to #1573275
MOaner
Moody - 8/2/2018 13:11

Why then? Because most of the moaning centres around team selection. However, our back 5 is as good as we have. We played both Williams, our best ball playing midfielder and Tunnicliffe our best defensive midfielder in the 11, we had Fred, arguably our paciest player who also had a good cameo v Derby, and a more than decent attacking game v Reading. We had Thommo who has scored in both our previous cup games this season, then we had Elliott who is our only genuine target man, albeit shyte, and we were only going to play long ball on that pitch.

To say he fucked it up in the first game is rich, because nobody moaned about the team that beat Barnsley, so he was always going to change it up for Rochdale at home.

Why would it have been easier to swallow if it was our supposed starting 11 that lost, after all they have put in a few similar shit displays this season, Barnsley & Burton at home anyone?
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 13:59 Post ID: #1573295 - in reply to #1573281
Supreme MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 13:27

Why then? Because most of the moaning centres around team selection. However, our back 5 is as good as we have. We played both Williams, our best ball playing midfielder and Tunnicliffe our best defensive midfielder in the 11, we had Fred, arguably our paciest player who also had a good cameo v Derby, and a more than decent attacking game v Reading. We had Thommo who has scored in both our previous cup games this season, then we had Elliott who is our only genuine target man, albeit shyte, and we were only going to play long ball on that pitch.

To say he fucked it up in the first game is rich, because nobody moaned about the team that beat Barnsley, so he was always going to change it up for Rochdale at home.

Why would it have been easier to swallow if it was our supposed starting 11 that lost, after all they have put in a few similar shit displays this season, Barnsley & Burton at home anyone?

I just think we should have fielded the strongest team available. For a myriad number of reasons; the two main ones though are:

Millwall FC are a (struggling) business - you get money for winning an FA Cup game; and with Spurs most likely in the next round we would have had a full house, plus 200k+ in TV money, plus more cup money & maybe even the prize money.

Millwall fans rarely get to see us play genuine big clubs; we have not hosted Tottenham Hotspur for 28 years. The club should have made winning the Rochdale replay the priority this week - given our league position.

As Whisky, and others has already said, being 'better on paper' is not the same as having your well-drilled, match sharp usual starting XI out on the pitch. I am not sure anyone can argue against this - given how many PL teams have been knocked out by lower league teams when not fielding their usual team.

As for people being fine with the teams v Barnsley & Rochdale at home. They weren't. Look at the attendances. In the past, when clubs took the FA Cup very seriously, cup games got big gates, often bigger than any equivalent fixture (I remember us getting a bigger gate for our FA Cup game v Sheffield Wednesday compared to the league match, despite both teams going for promotion, back in 1991). Now fans know that clubs will not play their best teams they do not bother going anymore. So, it hardly suggests people are 'happy' that reserve teams are being played.

Anyway, that's all a red herring anyway. Because we drew Spurs at home in the 5th round. So, the first two pints I made come into play. In fact, it's even odder that Harris stuck with his policy - Cardiff City drew Manchester City, having failed to beat Mansfield at home. Warnock then fielded his strongest team in the replay and won - and Cardiff City are going for promotion.

Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 14:10 Post ID: #1573301 - in reply to #1573166
Fuck off to palace or Charlton where have i I heatd that one before. I'll distepect who I want its my choice.think ill call to a day on here mote knob heads than 45k if you disagree with someone your a cunt don't stop to think you might be one bonjour
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 14:15 Post ID: #1573304 - in reply to #1573166
MOaner
Robbie, don't be sensitive over the fuck off to Palace/Charlton comment, its been a long standing throwaway joke comment on MO for years, no offence intended fella. I don't agree with those slating Harris, but everyone's entitled to an opinion, be a shit forum if we all agreed.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 14:23 Post ID: #1573308 - in reply to #1573295
MOaner
Moody - 8/2/2018 13:59

I just think we should have fielded the strongest team available. For a myriad number of reasons; the two main ones though are:

Millwall FC are a (struggling) business - you get money for winning an FA Cup game; and with Spurs most likely in the next round we would have had a full house, plus 200k+ in TV money, plus more cup money & maybe even the prize money.

Millwall fans rarely get to see us play genuine big clubs; we have not hosted Tottenham Hotspur for 28 years. The club should have made winning the Rochdale replay the priority this week - given our league position.

As Whisky, and others has already said, being 'better on paper' is not the same as having your well-drilled, match sharp usual starting XI out on the pitch. I am not sure anyone can argue against this - given how many PL teams have been knocked out by lower league teams when not fielding their usual team.

As for people being fine with the teams v Barnsley & Rochdale at home. They weren't. Look at the attendances. In the past, when clubs took the FA Cup very seriously, cup games got big gates, often bigger than any equivalent fixture (I remember us getting a bigger gate for our FA Cup game v Sheffield Wednesday compared to the league match, despite both teams going for promotion, back in 1991). Now fans know that clubs will not play their best teams they do not bother going anymore. So, it hardly suggests people are 'happy' that reserve teams are being played.

Anyway, that's all a red herring anyway. Because we drew Spurs at home in the 5th round. So, the first two pints I made come into play. In fact, it's even odder that Harris stuck with his policy - Cardiff City drew Manchester City, having failed to beat Mansfield at home. Warnock then fielded his strongest team in the replay and won - and Cardiff City are going for promotion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the sentiment of the points people raise, I am also disappointed myself. I just feel there Is no guarantee our supposed first 11 would have won.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:12 Post ID: #1573380 - in reply to #1573308
Supreme MO
Bexleyheath_lion - 8/2/2018 14:23

Moody - 8/2/2018 13:59

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the sentiment of the points people raise, I am also disappointed myself. I just feel there Is no guarantee our supposed first 11 would have won.

But that's the point you appear to be missing. There is no guarantee we would have won with our full strength side: that is the beauty of football, the FA Cup. A lower division side raising their game on their own turf/sand to overcome a side from a higher sphere. We are not shedding tears because we lost: that's football - that's why we travelled - for the thrill of the chase.

We are angered because we considered Rochdale and the FA Cup to be beneath us. To field a side that beyond the defence you could see on paper was going to offer absolutely zero threat.

We did not expect a guaranteed passage through to the next round. However, if you do put out your strongest side you are likely to produce more than one shot on target in the entire game. And put together more than one flowing move, which didn't come until well into injury time. And you are not insulting your hosts.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>