Millwall Forum - Lets have a positive thread about Neil Harris. and how far we have come in a short space of time.
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Eat my shorts" - Bart Simpson
- (Added by: Chesterfield Lion)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer5%
Romeo0%
Hutchinson5%
Cooper5%
Meredith1%
Wallace0%
Williams0%
Saville1%
Marshall0%
Gregory3%
Morison1%
Sub - Onyedinma1%
Sub - Cahill75%
Sub - Shackell3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.ParisWall297
2.waterloowacker272
3.midway lion230
4.High Life Street184
5.whiskylion162
6.Millwalladam111
7.kevrelles97
8.Kryan Bing94
9.BigPaul84
10.PurleyLion82
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (3):
2 3
Lets have a positive thread about Neil Harris. and how far we have come in a short space of time.
08 February 2018 16:25 Post ID: #1573348
Sir MO
Like a lot of Millwall fans i was disappointed with the lineup at Rochdale and us not having the chance to play Spurs at home in the cup, one thing i'd never do though is go over the top with my opinion like some have done, i understand though how frustrated they must be especially the ones that travelled to the game, those are the ones that are entitled to be the most frustrated.

NH has done an amazing job in such a short space of time for a fairly inexperienced manager especially at championship level, just rewind back to the days under Ian Holloway and Steve Lomas where the majority of the football left a lot to be desired which is putting it kindly. NH has built a good team on a shoestring budget that has a lot of quality, he's given us balance, the defence is a lot better, the attacking options are a lot better and the quality of play is a lot better.

Were ahead of teams in the league that have far bigger budgets than we do, he's attracted players to the club that other managers, especially past managers may have failed to do so, i'm sure NH played a big part in Tim Cahill re-joining the club.

For me the psoitives far outweigh the slip up over 2 games against Rochdale, i'm sure as a manager he will feel that he made mistakes over the 2 games, we all make mistakes in life, the key part is whether you learn from those mistakes to make you a batter and stronger person.

I just felt some positivity wouldn't go a miss ahead of the Cardiff game, we should put Rochdale firmly behind us and move on, you'll never get anywhere looking back and dwelling on the past and what could of been, the past is the past, the future under NH looks good and from what i've seen he's one of the best up and coming, young managers areound.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 February 2018 16:28 Post ID: #1573350 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
ok im positive it was his fault we lost to a bunch of cunts.
beat cardiff though and all will be forgiven
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 16:46 Post ID: #1573354 - in reply to #1573348
Danger MOuse
It's only a couple of weeks since we were celebrating doing over Leeds. I am disappointed about Rochdale but lets move on.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 16:47 Post ID: #1573355 - in reply to #1573348
Brilliant thread hats off to you sir.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 16:58 Post ID: #1573360 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
He’s come so far he thinks he’s a Premier League Manager!
I’ve not forgiven him yet!
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:01 Post ID: #1573373 - in reply to #1573348
Legend MO
That loss was bad & i have talked to a few that went & to say they was pissed off is an understatement & we all know he called it wrong & his not top of his game yet but i go to most matches & i have watched him & the team grow from a hit & hope team to a team that plays some good football give their all & on our day we are a match for anyone in this league as we have proved & yea we will have our off days but that's the name of the game shit happens but i look forward to going to the games more now then i have done for along time & that's down to Neil & the hard work he has put into this team & imo we will get better with the new players he has brought in so f"ck the cup it's done & dusted let's look forward to the rest of the season COYL

Edited by Wall loyal 8/2/2018 18:03
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:07 Post ID: #1573375 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
Everyone got carried away after Leeds & Cardiff.

The facts are Millwall are 14th in the Championship. Then played a weakened team both home & away to a motivated team one division lower.

Result was the team drew 2-2 at home. Then lost away 1-0, playing on a terrible pitch which Rochdale must be used to.

Harris made mistakes. There was not much point playing the teams best passer, Williams on that pitch. Cooper should have started as he would be a threat at free kicks. Playing lots of free kicks into the box should have been a tactic on that pitch. Tunnicliffe should have played CM.

The good news is there are no new injuries as far as I know. Which is a surprise after a trip to Rochdale.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:17 Post ID: #1573381 - in reply to #1573348
MOhican
Still pissed off, but it’s a bit like that comic relief sketch with Smithy and George Michael.
Smithy driving and has pissed off Michael, who now has the bang hump. Smithy then plays Wham song on the radio, and eventually Michael is all smiles, and joins in the singing.
I’m sure I be like that tomorrow, when Let em come is sung as the players walk out.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 18:18 Post ID: #1573382 - in reply to #1573375
Legend MO
Millwalladam - 8/2/2018 18:07

The facts are Millwall are 14th in the Championship. Then played a weakened team both home & away to a motivated team one division lower.

Result was the team drew 2-2 at home. Then lost away 1-0, playing on a terrible pitch which Rochdale must be used to.

Harris made mistakes. There was not much point playing the teams best passer, Williams on that pitch. Cooper should have started as he would be a threat at free kicks. Playing lots of free kicks into the box should have been a tactic on that pitch. Tunnicliffe should have played CM.

The good news is there are no new injuries as far as I know. Which is a surprise after a trip to Rochdale.
I just think is was the amount of changes that done it like you say Cooper was a must not only for the set pieces but to get his nut on them balls into our box & for me he had to play Morison & Greggs from the off they love them long balls over the top it's their game & your right we come back injury free so that's a plus
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 19:09 Post ID: #1573398 - in reply to #1573382
Supreme MO
Wall loyal - 8/2/2018 18:18

I just think is was the amount of changes that done it like you say Cooper was a must not only for the set pieces but to get his nut on them balls into our box & for me he had to play Morison & Greggs from the off they love them long balls over the top it's their game & your right we come back injury free so that's a plus

Elliott & Fred scored 19 league 1 goals between them last season. So you would think they would have had enough pace & power against Rochdale.

But it didn't happen.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 19:15 Post ID: #1573399 - in reply to #1573398
GeroniMO
Millwalladam - 8/2/2018 19:09

Wall loyal - 8/2/2018 18:18

Elliott & Fred scored 19 league 1 goals between them last season. So you would think they would have had enough pace & power against Rochdale.

But it didn't happen.

they should have worn their desert boots
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 19:16 Post ID: #1573401 - in reply to #1573398
Supreme MO

Most of the first team only risked getting splinters on their arses from the bench.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 20:01 Post ID: #1573413 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
The inquest has finished fellas. This was about a bit of credit for Neil.

One thing that is evident, this has divided a fair few on here and still runs strong even two days after. So it meant a lot to all of us.

It's now time to focus on Cardiff. Capital of Wales. Premier league hopefull's. Big budget cunts. Old foes off of the pitch. England vs Wales. Sheepshagger capital. Neil Warnock's team.

There is enough to worry about tomorrow night and we should all put Tuesday behind us and get right behind the team Neil picks. There should be no "told you so's" from either side of the opinion fence, whether we win or lose. We should keep united against the enemy and focus on each battle as it come.

MMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Edited by champs08 8/2/2018 20:02
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 20:30 Post ID: #1573416 - in reply to #1573348
MOth
I stand by my 3 bottles of vinos comment last night
" giving money to my cunt of an ex wife is unrewarding "
Neil has done extremely well as the manager.
Come on You Lions
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 20:47 Post ID: #1573417 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
F*** the injures, they would have had six months to get fit again as the the season is now over! End of, period, finished.
Re you tactical geniuses, all he had to do was put Gregory up front with Elliot and play Fred out wide midfield instead of Ben. Not rocket science is it? Elliot might turn out to be shit but he was hung out to dry by NH & has now got the boo boys on his back.
Re Adam’s comment about Fred & Tom’s goals last season, we are in the Championship now not division one so whats your point?

Edited by onlyagame 8/2/2018 20:49
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 23:31 Post ID: #1573457 - in reply to #1573417
Supreme MO
onlyagame - 8/2/2018 20:47

F*** the injures, they would have had six months to get fit again as the the season is now over! End of, period, finished.
Re you tactical geniuses, all he had to do was put Gregory up front with Elliot and play Fred out wide midfield instead of Ben. Not rocket science is it? Elliot might turn out to be shit but he was hung out to dry by NH & has now got the boo boys on his back.
Re Adam’s comment about Fred & Tom’s goals last season, we are in the Championship now not division one so whats your point?

Thought my comment was self explanatary -

'Elliott & Fred scored 19 league 1 goals between them last season. So you would think they would have had enough pace & power against Rochdale.'

Not sure what us being in the Championship has got to do with that.

So all Harris had to do was.....It's a pity you didn't post that in Silver's 'Team v' thread. I posted my team which Harris didn't agree with.

Moody said Tunnicliffe was playing out wide, not Thompson. Tunnicliffe did play out wide against Norwich. .Either way, it didn't work.  
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 23:36 Post ID: #1573458 - in reply to #1573348
Supreme MO
Adam,
If we’ve got league one players playing against league one players away from home then we’ve lost any advantage a Championship team should (theoretically) have against lower league opposition.
Now what bit of that don’t you understand?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (3):
2 3
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>