Millwall Forum - League -v- Cup
Vital Football

Latest Millwall FC News

Welcome to the Millwall Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "*Sniff*....Why am i not starting?" - Neil Harris; every week.
- (Added by: Groucho78)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Birmingham MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Archer7%
Romeo1%
Hutchinson7%
Cooper8%
Meredith2%
Wallace1%
Williams1%
Saville4%
Marshall1%
Gregory4%
Morison1%
Sub - Onyedinma9%
Sub - Cahill48%
Sub - Shackell6%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.waterloowacker340
2.ParisWall300
3.midway lion270
4.High Life Street211
5.whiskylion204
6.Millwalladam126
7.kevrelles122
8.PurleyLion103
9.Wall loyal101
10.Kryan Bing97
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
League -v- Cup
08 February 2018 21:02 Post ID: #1573425
Supreme MO
Write down your top twenty Millwall games of all time and then work out how many of them were League games & how many were Cup matches? (I still haven’t worked out which category Play Off games come under)
I wouldn’t mind betting half of them were Cup games. And yet we play 46 League games every year and only around 5 Cup games.
My point is that despite playing a disproportionate amount of League to Cup games, the Cup games are the ones that stick in the mind just as much.
(I will give you one a silly one despite only being the League Cup, Nottingham Forest away Greg Berry 2 - 0 great night & the Forest fans melted)
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
08 February 2018 21:26 Post ID: #1573436 - in reply to #1573425
gizMO
Fuckinh hell OAG.all the years of putting shit in my body,how am i supposed to remember so for that reason i,m OUT.No seriously i,ll put 20 but not as in my top 20 in order but those that i remember first.
Aresenal away ,cup won 2-0,when keneddy got that second it went crazy.
Chelsea away ,cup,when their scumbag missed that penalty,again wonderful night.
wrexham away and we got the result we needed,also our fans swramed wrexham .partytime.
Walsall away ,cup micky mouse at that ,but doing the okey coky at the end kn owing we were going to wembley.
west brom cup,first leg game ,3-0 to us ,what a day.
spurs away in the seventies when bryon hamilton pulled it back to 3-3 ,what a goal and it went absolutely nuts in our end.
For me chesterfield away ,think it was last game and we needed to win ,was it to stay up,won 1-0 i think .bollucks know we won because the buzz after wow.And before the game about 30/40 of us in the pub midday and all the man utd ,about 200 of them walking past to get train to mancester and about 15/20 of us runnning down the hill at them.70,s as well i think.
fuck me could go on but heads spinning just thinking about the past .will stop there.
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 22:04 Post ID: #1573452 - in reply to #1573425
Supreme MO
Thanks for having a go, didn’t need to list all 20 just one or two but most of yours are Cup games as I imagined & that’s my point!
Like post
Like this post
08 February 2018 22:42 Post ID: #1573455 - in reply to #1573436
gizMO
Lionheartxxl - 8/2/2018 21:26

Fuckinh hell OAG.all the years of putting shit in my body,how am i supposed to remember so for that reason i,m OUT.No seriously i,ll put 20 but not as in my top 20 in order but those that i remember first.
wrexham away and we got the result we needed,also our fans swramed wrexham .partytime.
Walsall away ,cup micky mouse at that ,but doing the okey coky at the end kn owing we were going to wembley.
spurs away in the seventies when bryon hamilton pulled it back to 3-3 ,what a goal and it went absolutely nuts in our end.
For me chesterfield away ,think it was last game and we needed to win ,was it to stay up,won 1-0 i think .bollucks know we won because the buzz after wow.And before the game about 30/40 of us in the pub midday and all the man utd ,about 200 of them walking past to get train to mancester and about 15/20 of us runnning down the hill at them.70,s as well i think.
fuck me could go on but heads spinning just thinking about the past .will stop there.
Part two.Sunderland semi final at man utd,party all weekend Cahill scores the goal that wins me a good few hundred as i had 1-0 and him to score.
got to say wigan at wembley because our first time there and 48,000 wall ,what a day,
The 2 playoffs wins barnsley and swindon because at wembley and terrific days ,alot to play for and won.
Hull city away,to win the league to get to first divison for first ever time ,oh what a feeling.
Aston villa away cos first game in first div,and brilliant day.same year liverpool away 1-1 draw,don,t forget they,d had been dominating football up till then and we held them but it was a special day.
Sorry ,both cup games v chelsea 95 and 85.plus the league game was it 75/76.77 ,when we beat them 3-0.
i,ll leave itthere so yeah more cup games were more happy for me but still many many good days away,Everton ,man city,pompey,cardiff ,leeds ,bloody hell many more ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey ,running round the pompey running round the pomey when we come,,,, singing i,ve gotta a bigger one than you ,i,ve got a bigger one than you , singing i,ve got a bigger, i,ve got a bigger ,i,ve gotta a bigger one than you..oh wow it reminds me of home games at the old den 70/80s whenever pompey had to come back to waterloo ,straight after the game finished we,d be straight to new cross gate and get to waterloo before they got there..
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 00:20 Post ID: #1573465 - in reply to #1573425
gizMO
Here we go,me again ONLY, you,ve got me right going down memory lane,also spoiling the thread now ,but fuck it ,West,Ham away 78 yeah we lost 3-0 ,but cannot forget what a wonderful day it was when an hour before kickoff there must off been a couple of hundred if that and the bastards charged us giving it large,mugs.anyway At half time all you heard was this mighty roar and when i looked out of the hole in back of the stand onto the back street ,there must of been 6/7/800 wall smashing their way in and as they all come rushing up ,oh boy i,ve never seen anyone scarper away as quick as west ham did mugs,Did you know from 1899 to 1930 we played them scum 70 odd times,oh how i wished we would play them 70 odd times over the next 31 years.
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 00:34 Post ID: #1573467 - in reply to #1573425
Supreme MO
West Ham in the Cup where we f***ed it up a couple of years ago and the pitch invasion when NH stood his ground and stayed on the pitch for a long as he could.
There’s lots of League games too but a midweek Cup win away from home takes some beating. It’s a great drive home unlike Tuesday/ Wednesday.
(For the older ones, Everton away, Cripps got one of them although it was a Saturday from memory)
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 08:58 Post ID: #1573494 - in reply to #1573425
MOaner
walsall away to get to wembley
beating palace 6-0 in a friendly early 00s
ET in the snow
arsenal away - kennedy
chelsea away - keller
the mothers day massacre, though i couldn't get a ticket
sunderland at OT
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 09:03 Post ID: #1573496 - in reply to #1573455
Supreme MO
Lionheartxxl - 8/2/2018 22:42

Part two.Sunderland semi final at man utd,party all weekend Cahill scores the goal that wins me a good few hundred as i had 1-0 and him to score.
got to say wigan at wembley because our first time there and 48,000 wall ,what a day,
The 2 playoffs wins barnsley and swindon because at wembley and terrific days ,alot to play for and won.
Hull city away,to win the league to get to first divison for first ever time ,oh what a feeling.
Aston villa away cos first game in first div,and brilliant day.same year liverpool away 1-1 draw,don,t forget they,d had been dominating football up till then and we held them but it was a special day.
Sorry ,both cup games v chelsea 95 and 85.plus the league game was it 75/76.77 ,when we beat them 3-0.
i,ll leave itthere so yeah more cup games were more happy for me but still many many good days away,Everton ,man city,pompey,cardiff ,leeds ,bloody hell many more ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey ,running round the pompey running round the pomey when we come,,,, singing i,ve gotta a bigger one than you ,i,ve got a bigger one than you , singing i,ve got a bigger, i,ve got a bigger ,i,ve gotta a bigger one than you..oh wow it reminds me of home games at the old den 70/80s whenever pompey had to come back to waterloo ,straight after the game finished we,d be straight to new cross gate and get to waterloo before they got there.. :120:

This is an impressive piece of work, mate - have you been trawling through Whisky's programme collection?

Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 09:49 Post ID: #1573508 - in reply to #1573425
GeroniMO
12 league games and 8 cup games.
Best one, Hull away with a party all the way back to 'The World Upside Down' thrown in...
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 09:52 Post ID: #1573509 - in reply to #1573425
MOaner
anyone else remember that 6-0 friendly against the nigels.

i loved every second of that. i was sat right near the away end and the look of dispair, rage, and embarrassment on their faces will stay with me to the grave lol. it was only a friendly with about 4k there and 500 or so nigels.
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 12:10 Post ID: #1573531 - in reply to #1573496
gizMO
ParisWall - 9/2/2018 09:03

Lionheartxxl - 8/2/2018 22:42

i,ll leave itthere so yeah more cup games were more happy for me but still many many good days away,Everton ,man city,pompey,cardiff ,leeds ,bloody hell many more ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey when we come ,we,ll be running round the pompey ,running round the pompey running round the pomey when we come,,,, singing i,ve gotta a bigger one than you ,i,ve got a bigger one than you , singing i,ve got a bigger, i,ve got a bigger ,i,ve gotta a bigger one than you..oh wow it reminds me of home games at the old den 70/80s whenever pompey had to come back to waterloo ,straight after the game finished we,d be straight to new cross gate and get to waterloo before they got there.. :120:

This is an impressive piece of work, mate - have you been trawling through Whisky's programme collection?

:grin:
Are you jealous mate,no seriously i have fond memories of all the above games and also i would love to spend a day going through Whisky,s programme collection to broaden my knowledge on the team i love.
Like post
Like this post
09 February 2018 13:07 Post ID: #1573539 - in reply to #1573531
Supreme MO
Lionheartxxl - 9/2/2018 12:10

Are you jealous mate,no seriously i have fond memories of all the above games and also i would love to spend a day going through Whisky,s programme collection to broaden my knowledge on the team i love. :tup:

If you broker a deal with him mate, could you count me in?

I hear they are kept in a high-security installation on the outskirts of Kettering.

Razor wire, humidity indicators, climate control system, CCTV and a big fuck-off Alsatian (ex West Midlands Police).

Champs is the only bloke on here who's ever been granted an viewing.

But, the fool only went and spilt his Jameson's and Ginger on Whisky's 1927 Merthyr Town v Millwall programme (Price 1d). Fuckin' thing completely ruined!

From that day onwards, Whisky vowed no one would be let loose on his Collection ever again.

Shame.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Millwall Fixtures  >>